Need Help figuring out my DA Army with chaos bits

Grizwald23

I've been wanting to do a dark angels army since the new codex came out and a couple months ago I got a bunch of models. then I got an airbrush and wanted to perfect my skills with it before I painted my new army.

Anyway the problem is I don't want to do regular DA I want to do a sucessor chapter. The other problem Is I also have a bunch of chaos models sitting at my house. I know I want to do an army using the DA codex not the CSM codex. I like bikes and termies to much expecially the black knights and deathwing knights. I also have ton of grey knights, blood angles, and space wolf bits sitting around. I have the problem of things getting in the way of my painting all the time so I have a ton of of stuff sitting around my house and I mean a ton of stuff I've been playing since I was 10 and I'm turning 24 next month.

But back to the point of this post.

I want to combine the chaos with my DA. So I was wondering if their are any known successor chapters that have turned to chaos since the fallen. I was thinking of doing a fallen army at first but it wouldn't make sunse fluff wise since they never gather in groups that big. Or if no known successor has turned I could DIY one. If I did this idea I would add mutations and but I really like the DA chapter symbol and don't want to get rid of it and I also like the Aquila on reg space marines so I would want to leave them on. Nut that would probably cause confusion when ever anyone sees them. So this idea is probably off the table

I have another Idea for why they would have chaos bits. This one is basically the chapter has been on an extended crusade in the eye or what ever and have been short on resupply and started using armour pieces from the csm they have killed. I would make sure not to put any stars of chaos or signs of any of the 4 gods on any of the marines. It would be kind of like the space wolf 13th company

The other idea that I had for my chapter was they captured one or a group of the fallen. The fallen managed to get into the chapter masters head and are slowly turning him and the chapter to chaos. So basically the chapter believes they are truly serving the emperor even though they arn't. The fallen then could be leading some of the squads. So I would leave all the aquillas and DA symbols and not put any chaos symbols on them. Maby even a few mutations but not a lot after all they believe they are serving the emperor.

So basically which idea do you guys like I like the 3rd the best or will people be like the f why do your DA have chaos bits on them.?

I'm posting this because I want a really cool army since I'm comming off an almost 2 year break and have sold every army I have except my SW. I also plan to use bits from the other space marine chapters I have but I have so many boxes of chaos and DA and I think a really cool looking army could be made from the 2.

Also are the arrows chaos symbols I mean just the single ones not the one that are part of the circle star or the star don't really know what to call it?

Also here is a couple ideas for chapter names I want to keep the DA symbol so I need a name that would make sense with it

Angels of the Hunt or the

RW- Blood Trackers or Blood Hunters

DW- Don't know yet

Angels of the Bloody Sword

RW- Blood Trackers

DW- Blood Mauls

Angels of Retribution- My personal favorite

RW- Don't know yet

DW- Death Bringers or Skull Crushers

Angels of the Night

RW- Black Riders

Dw- Night Bringers

Please let me know what you guys think

The DA have been showing using the thorns (pointed armor protrusions), arrow heads, and lightning bolts on their armor edgings for longer than any other army I remember seeing (IIRC, they are still shown in some images with these things in 3rd Edition, I'd have to check my 4th Ed Codex, but even the C:SM weren't depicted that way in 3rd Ed any more that I remember), so honestly I think if you just made sure to take off the stars, faces, and the like, the Chaos armor bits would fit a DA army just fine. Even some of the older DA swords and chainswords look a lot like Chaos weapons, with circular cut outs, barbs, and fully uncovered chain blades (all the way around the sword).

I am not sure if this helps but I was once considering making an army based on the B&C's different  take on the heresy: The Dornian Heresy to make a traitor fallen company since in this version it states that luther beat the lion and took charge of the Dark Angels leading them as traitors.

Some details here

Dornian heresy details:http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/200543-the-dornian-heresy-volume-i/

Dark Angels (DH): http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/226986-the-dornian-heresy-index-astartes-dark-angels/

Obviously some people like to consider the normal background so this may or may not be helpful.

DR

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/3F1EC6E9-643C-40F7-A040-9E31FF513C65-1638-000001A4A0CF31DF_zpsc91b3816.jpg

Death shadows formerly the lion guard, corrupted during the abyssal crusade.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/B7FB5398-AA51-4B7C-BDEA-9E22ED074D0E-1638-000001A4A58D1D11_zpsc4957d0c.jpg

The extinction angels, their heraldry looks DA in nature. Hope that helps :)

Archived