speeders and flyers

Pyro X

Has anyone had much exp with running the land speeder vengeance, talon, nephilim, or the dark shroud. I have only really used the LSV via deep strike in an all ravenwing list. I hasn't done to bad for me other than the range of the plasma battery being only 24 in. Any thoughts on these speeders and flyers?

I haven't used the flyers much yet but the Dark shroud is really good for moving your valuable bikers across the board, plus i'm pretty sure the black knights can get a 2+ save if they turbo boost and are within 6 inches of the Dark shroud. The vengeance seems a bit expensive because for fewer points you can get a vindicator which isn't so fragile. Just my opinions.

Yeah +1 with Stormtrooper-VII.

Vengeance is too fragile, besides its plasma-battery overheating , further reducing its life!

Our aircraft are not the most "destructive" and they risk losing many dogfights, their weaponry is just sufficient for the saturation of ground troops.

The only one who pulls out of the game is like Stormtrooper said, the Darkshroud (without assault gun!)

Its my opinions ;)

I've used the Neph a few times mainly against Tau & dark eldar with the odd time against MEQ armies.

Works well against the 4+ armour and most DE players will more than likely have flyers so give another option for taking them down.

Not so well against MEQ's just have to hope you force a decent number of saving throws each time.

Still to use the darkshroud but one of my regular opponents is using helldrakes more and more so cover saves become irrelevant.... 

I haven't used the Vengeance but unless you want to do a SURPRISE PLASMA! move, a vindicator is probably better.

The Neph is good at taking out infantry with the Mega Bolter option and very lack luster taking out other flyers with its single Lascannon. Very unfortunate because its such a cool model.

I agree with the fact the Darkshroud seems to be the only decent thing of the new land speeders. 

Archived