Blue Marines!

Minx

Currently unnamed blue marine chapter! The army is now complete, in the old edge highlight style! Every model has freehand!!! Craziness....

What do you think??

PS sorry for the bad photos, they were taken at night, quickly, to get some stuff to post! I will take better ones before I list the auction!

WOW! This is one of the best painted armies I have ever seen! You are a good technical painter, but your painting style is exactly how I like to see marines painted. I am tired of a lot of the cartoonish paintjobs people give their marines. You paint them very much like the ideal that the scale modelling community aims for.

These are amazing, I really like that blue care to give us the recipe for it? Your painting style is very good too I like it, do my models a little darker myself but no where near as good as yours very very nice! Well done, paint some more and let us see some pictures!! =] 

Huh, you're absolutely right.  They are indeed blue.   Good call.

They are also very cool.  The abundance of freehand is a very nice personal touch, and looks great.  Slight errors in handwriting are easily forgiven when it's done in such quantity ;)

I can't quite tell what's going on with that errant blue mark on the black of the Landraider, beside the border of the solid blue segment, adjacent to the headlights.  I'd also like a closer look at that white insignia on top of the rhino hatches.

@Anaziel, thats very funny you say that, it is a lightened version of enchanted blue just so it wasnt dark or light!

@Deus, Im glad you enjoy them! I will admit we don't do this style very often, but it is quite simple in its approach, and can look great in the end!

@Robert, you can view the current projects http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/277140-dark-angels-infantry-and-grey-knights/ and keep up to date!.... As for the blue, It's just enchanted blue plus ice blue

@Firepower, its hard to be perfect when doing so much script! hahaha , as for the blue on the landraider, it was assembled a long while ago, this is a very old army. As for the freehand design, we will get some more closeups soon enough for you!

Schultzhoffen, just HOW can somebody confuse that army with Ultramarines?? Their pauldrons are black, their tanks are black and look at all the cool skull-fire-swords imagery? Even the shade of blue is lighter than that of Ultramarines.

Could be mistaken as 8th company Ultra's. They use black rather than gold for their secondary color. :P 

Archived