Forgeworld Glaive

Dark_Master

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/LEGION_GLAIVE.html

I do want to be able to find a way of getting one into a 40k game. I'm sure the DA would have a few somewhere on the Rock.

Maybe a reason to finally start apocalypse.

"While the Glaive has been issued to all eighteen Legiones Astartes in limited quantities, the Salamanders and Dark Angels have long been noted to field Glaives as a matter of course; the XVIIIth Legion’s artifice is more than sufficient to maintain and replicate the arcane Volkite technology, while the provenance and honour of the Ist Legion means that their war matériel and weaponry are ancient indeed. "

DM

It's delicious, and is limited to Horus Heresy, as I suspected. A pity.

Though I'm not sure I would have forked out the £155 even if it was available for 40k.

EDIT: Oof, should have read the rules properly. It's not the 'missing link' that I was thinking of, it's a superheavy vehicle, so limited to Apocalypse, where pretty much anything goes anyway!

Not that enamoured of the Volkite carronade rules though.....by giving it an S8 AP2 statline they are losing the flavour of the volkite range of weapons.....all 4 other volkite weapons are S5/6 AP5.....

In addition, I do have a 'fluff' issue when they use the name of a historical weapon......in this case a carronade.......it should be short ranged and fire lots of shot to do lots of anti-personnel damage.....not be 48" range with an anti-armour statline....

oh well, the model is gorgeous though! :D

Archived