Librarian on bike color choice question

CarbonBased

I've read the older threads and seen good reasons for color choices. My question is more of a search for more opinions on the particular colors I used.

My DA successors are orange, my bikes are orange. I like orange. smile.png

I decided to do the libby in blue on an orange bike. My question is, do the two colors clash too much? I'm undecided. Note, this is just a quick base coat, the final orange color will be like the bike on the right. And the librarian will end up a bit darker.

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://i.imgur.com/u8pKxeFl.jpg

Um...wow, that's bright!blink.png I like the grey and yellow complimentary colours on the sergeant though.

I'm not sure about the blue myself, can't really provide any suggestions so apologies for quibbling. The more I look at it though, the more it seems to work...huh.png

I'll look forward to a photo of the finished model.

I would go with blue for Librarium, or Dark Angels Green for Chapter, as those are the two things that Librarians represent within the chapter.  One could go bone/white for Inner Circle as well.  No Ravenwing black though, as Librarians do not represent, nor are representative of, the 2nd company.

I wouldn't do the blue robe, personally, if you are going with blue armor for him. I don't mind the contrast with the armor, though, go for it. The robe should probably be picked out in another color though, whether it be the orange, yellow, grey or bone, just to make it more distinct from his armor.

I actually quite like the blue with the orange....but the one thing that is spoiling the model for me is the massive join line running down the centre of the front fairing. Please, please, please try to get rid of that before you go any further with the orange painting at the front.

I am still not sure about the yellow.  I guess I would muddy it up a little with a brown wash to dull down how bright the yellow is.

Other than that I would not use the same color for th armor and robes.  Or I would at least finish them off with a different wash or shade.

Mainly because metal and fabric even when they are the same color look different.

The other think I might do is swap the out robe color with the inner robe color.

Archived