DA with GK allies

tomsev

so i was thinking of putting this together just because i like them both and i think they would look good fighting together on the table, im not going for anything competitive or what not, its for fun so any ideas ?

Well...that was a very popular "our codex sucks, so we're going to ally in stuff that doesn't suck" option in 5th edition.  Now?  I don't know.  I think the deficiencies in the DW section of the codex, to compensate for which the GKTs were used, no longer exist (take that, English teacher!) 

Therefore, I would submit that the sheer un-fluffiness of combining DA and ]I[ merits a speedy wedgie for anyone who so much as suggests doing so, and the excuse of "well, I'm just not competitive without GKT cheese" (never valid, my pure DW soundly trounced DE lance/melta spam at ard boyz regionals) no longer flies.

Therefore, I would submit that the sheer un-fluffiness of combining DA and ]I[ merits a speedy wedgie for anyone who so much as suggests doing so, and the excuse of "well, I'm just not competitive without GKT cheese" (never valid, my pure DW soundly trounced DE lance/melta spam at ard boyz regionals) no longer flies.

So instead of sending heretics to Chamber 42 we're just going to wedgie them now? I don't know if I like that whistlingW.gif

Honestly though as much as I like the Grey Knights as an ally, I don't think they mesh well with other Marines. They suffer the same thing that we suffer from, low body count. And don't really fill any holes. The best ally for us in 95% of the cases is Guard. Cheap mass of bodies that can be upgraded to have some decent weapons is the way to go if you want to ally.

The Callidus Assassin is quite fun, as are some of the Inquisitorial warband options.

So instead of sending heretics to Chamber 42 we're just going to wedgie them now? I don't know if I like that whistlingW.gif
I assumed it was "as well as" not "instead of".

For me, the DA / GK combo shines with something like...

DA:

Librarian, power field generator, divination

Techmarine, power field generator

Scout squad, sniper rifles (in bolstered ruin)

Tac squad, lascannon, twin-linked lascannon razorback (librarian goes with dismounted tac squad)

Tac squad, lascannon, twin-linked lascannon razorback (techmarine goes with dismounted tac squad)

Rifleman dread

Speeders (typhoon / heavy bolter)

GK:

Coteaz (divination)

Henchmen, 3 x heavy bolter servitor, some psykers, chimera

Henchmen, 3 x melta warriors, some bolter warriors, chimera

Psyfleman dread

Castle up in two corners, protected by your power field generators. Coteaz and a techmarine go in one corner, librarian and the scouts in the other. Shoot. If a vehicle full of scary stuff drives up, send in your melta warriors. At some point, send them to take an enemy objective. Mostly though just shoot.

The best ally for us in 95% of the cases is Guard. Cheap mass of bodies that can be upgraded to have some decent weapons is the way to go if you want to ally.

QFT...if you're going to take allies at all, IG are the way to go.  Nobody else gives us anything we can't get out of our own codex, at least at a reasonable price.

The best ally for us in 95% of the cases is Guard. Cheap mass of bodies that can be upgraded to have some decent weapons is the way to go if you want to ally.

QFT...if you're going to take allies at all, IG are the way to go. Nobody else gives us anything we can't get out of our own codex, at least at a reasonable price.

Holy censored.gif something we agree upon! As of late this could be considered a miracle tongue.png

Meh...just cause you're regretting the quote in my sig?  We actually agree on a lot, lol

No regrets here, just seems as of late our opinions have differed a little :P

Archived