Question on Belial

Barzyn

Hey ya'll not sure if this right place to place this question, so can move thread if you need to admins. My question is simple, Belial's sword as painted in the codex, what color is the blade? is it a combination of blue and another color or is there actually one color use to paint his sword? I like the color so i was wanting to paint my deathwing terminators power swords that color and belials sword that color. If anyone knows sure would be some useful info to me. I was told might be a combination of guillemen blue and white (but i'm not sure)

That color is definitely not Guilliman Blue, which is a glaze. It looks more like a grey or a dark blue-grey painted on, and then it is repeatedly layered in bands with a very thin light blue-grey, and possibly some white, but it doesn't look like it goes that bright, to build up the alternating bright bands.

As far as how to paint the power sword that way, there are some tutorials on painting power weapons here, a couple are probably similar in methodology as to how you would get that effect.

that would work too, for his blade color, i'm still debating what colors to paint the deathwing sgt's though, maybe combination of light grey/midnight blue paint. black would definately work for belial's blade though, i like that idea

Following the BG Belial, Sammael and Azrael all have black bladed swords... And black with dark blue highlights and lightning effects it's the color i painted all three...

For the other power swords i paint them metallic blade and then i paint lightning effects on the blade to simulate the cracks of energy...

might be an option for me, tho i'm not good at painting, maybe just going with black blade with blue highlights is the way to go then, not sure how i'd paint lightning on sword tho, prolly very carefully lol but yeah this info is useful to me though, so thanks all for the help

Archived