Kaels WIP Chaos Warband

Hello all it's been a long time since I last posted something. I'm slow at getting work done on my miniatures but lately have been back into it and have some new stuff I'm working on. I'm hoping this will be more ongoing.

The problem I have with painting is that I get bored easy painting the same thing over and over which leads me to stop for a while and leaving me with unfinished armies. With my Chaos warband I am going to have units from different legions that way If I get bored with one unit I can work on something different within the same army. So here is the list I've thought of so far on which legion I will paint my units. Some of them are obvious choices:

Terminator Lord: I've been modelling him as a Dark Apostle so he will be Word Bearers

Chosen: Black Legion

Terminators: I picture them as lumbering beasts so probably Thousand Sons

Space Marines: Death Guard but only in name and iconography. I painted them different

Possessed: Unsure maybe Emperors Children

Raptors: Night Lords

Defiler, Hellbrute, and Forgefiend: Iron Warriors

Berzerkers: World Eaters

I also have some cultists and Beastmen that will be my bloodletters. I don't have pics of them yet but will soon

The World Eaters berzerkers are still being worked on. I started painting them in their white and blue pre-heresy colors to be a little different from the norm. They'll still have the bronze trim where needed though. Don't have any new pictures of them yet but I'll try to get some soon as well.

Pics will be in the next post.

First up is my Terminator Lord/Dark Apostle. Since the two pics were taken I changed his right arm from one that is cut off. He now holds a pistol in his hand as if trying to aim at the Lord. The Lord is gonna be a Word Bearer but unsure what colors the Marine will be. I'm not gonna paint him Ultarmarine since that's obvious considering their past. I Was thinking trying my hand at yellow and paint him Imperial Fist. If anyone has any suggestions on a good contrast with the Word Bearer that would be great.

Next up is the regular troops. Wasn't sure what they were gonna be when I was painting them but when I finished all I could think of was Death Guard. I'm not too interested in Plague Marines that's why they look more normal...well as normal as Chaos can get.

Next is my first Raptor. Pic doesn`t show it well but he`s holding a blood angel power sword. I think the inspiration is a little obvious but i`m trying to use whatever bits I have lying around. I have 4 more Jetpacks I just need to order more bits specifically the head.

This next one is something I've been working on for a long while and just started painting a couple weeks ago off and on. It`s gonna be a sergeant in my Traitor Guard but i`m thinking it`ll be the head of my ccw cultists when I get enough to field. Most conversion I ever done with a miniature.

Lovin' the Lord, really nice posing.

Splat the Loyalist! if he is going to be a Word Bearer wouldn't an Ultra be the natural choice?

And to Echo Tanith I'm looking forward to seeing some paint on him.

Awesome Apostle there, loving the maul.  As for colors, it depends on what style you have for painting Bearers.  If he's the usual dark, dark red, then I'd go with a drab color scheme for his victim to avoid leading the eye away from him.  So in terms of first foundings, that would be Dark Angels, Iron Hands, Raven Guard, or  Salamanders (depending on how you paint them).  If you use a brighter palette for Word Bearers, a brighter color scheme (for instance a Fist) for the victim isn't so bad.  

Thanks for the comments guys. My painting skills are ok in my opinion. The Marines and the possessed Sargeant is the most time I spent painting.

@ Tanith Ghost Go right ahead. I wasn't too sure i'd be happy creating my maul like that 'cause I just looked over what I had and just stuck them on. After repeated looks I Like it.

@Punk Possum Ultramarine colors are still on the table. I loved No Know Fear and i'm enjoying Betrayal right now. I'll have to wait and see how the Lord turns out before I focus on the marine.

@Firepower Thanks i'm about to prime it black I think that's the only primer I have atm. I was thinking of painting him Mechrite red and wash over it with Carroburg Crimson. I'll start with his right shoulder pad to see how that turns out.

Archived