Ludo's thread for hobby-related things

Dosjetka

• 6 months later...

Hmm, I really like where your SW are going. Unlike most people I prefer SW to be marines first and “barbarians” second, meaning that I prefer them more “clean” and less wolfy… Judging by previous examples you can pain pretty well, so I am quite interested in seeing how this guy will turn out. What company are you going for and what colors you plan for your Wolves?

dss7: Uh... Which Ultra's? :teehee:

Red: Thanks! Yes, it's an Umbra-pattern boltgun. And I'm going for a grey armour colour. My aim is to get the same result as irwit did on his Rune Priest.

Kirus: Cheers! I'm glad you like the toned-down Wolves. I'm currently not sure about which Company I'm going for, but I'll be painting my Wolves in a grey armour+yellow markings or grey armour+white markings scheme. I'll try and get some test models painted next week-end and then I'll post the results :)

MR: Haha, yes, he's managed to get his lid on :lol: Glad you like him!

So, another week, another update. I actually haven't managed to do much. However, I have gone through all of my bits to see everything I had to build my Space Wolves. Turns out that I have quite a stash...

gallery_45765_9882_256744.png

(The bottom box is filled to the brim with sprues, the red box has various bits in it, also filled to the brim, and the blue-topped box is full of FW resin goodness!)

Anyway, since I don't have much to do today, I'm going to try and get some more Wolves built. If all goes well, there'll be pictures to show in a few hours' time :)

Cheers,

Ludo

I got distracted...

:lol:

gallery_45765_7614_7368.png

I'm trying to paint an Imperial Fist using a black undercoat. The idea is to use Averland Sunset basecoat -> Seraphim Sepia wash -> Yriel Yellow layer -> Flash Gitz edge highlight -> Seraphim Sepia wash (not sure about this step, might remove it) -> Lamenter's Yellow glaze.

So far, I've got the first couple of coats on. Need to continue applying thin coats of Averland Sunset and it should all go well :)

Cheers,

Ludo

Got disracted Again!!!tongue.png

I blame Gresiloth and his Imperial Fists! :P

Got disracted Again!!!tongue.png

That's funny coming from you lol

Look who's talking... ;)

Anyway, got some painting done! Managed to complete the lower part of one (!) leg. No more, no less. Oh, and I also tried proper "paintbrush weathering" for the first time. Despite the apparent thickness of the bone-coloured highlight, it doesn't look too bad from afar.

gallery_45765_7614_179521.png

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to you both! And I will... eventually ;)

Anyway, here's a quick shot of two other Space Marines that I have sitting on my desk. More detailed pictures next week-end :)

gallery_45765_9166_515304.png

Archived