How to construct the Sammael Model.

FarFromSam

Okay, silly I know, but I'm having a Hruud of a time constructing Sammael's Bike.  The front prow doesn't line up properly most of the time.  When I am able to get it where I like it and manage to pursuade the glue to hold.  The front eagle doesn't fit properly.  I purchased the resin model (bubbles and all).  At first I thought they might have been bent/warped out of proper shape, and had soaked them in hot water.  No Dice.

I did a quick search of the forum and Google, and was unable to find a tutorial.  I was hoping one of you fellers could share a saved link or knowledge on the situation.  Thank you :cuss.

Blood, sweat, tears..... that's how I put my Sammael together...... oh, and liquid green stuff!

I honestly can't remember exactly how it goes together....maybe if you post an image of the bits it might jog my memory, but I think I needed to use quite a bit of LGS to get the prow in place and still get the eagle to fit....and even when I had built it to my satisfaction, the eagle was a bit lopsided. I also had to use lots of glue and liquid gs to get the feet to touch the footrests, as they were a couple of mm short.

Overall, whilst I love the model, I wish I could just have built a normal bike captain for my successor chapter and avoid the pain and toil!

The way I did mine was glue the 2 side halves of the front of the jetbike together, run the eagle portion under hot water until malleable, stick into the area between the halves to mold, let set and then glue when dry, the rest fell into place easily enough. Think I had to use hot water to get the feet to touch the bottom plate as well.

Archived