This is a Skullbearers Tac sqd for my 3rd vow of the etl but will be part of a larger project me and FP are working on.These pictures are not the best. but have a light box on the way and a tripod.Once they are painted I will explain more.

Yes Skull Bearers!!!! Been wanting to see someone do a good job on these for ages. I know they're in safe hands with you mate.

Good Luck

Exactly what I thought :) Keep them coming !

They look...waxy.  I think you may have put on the yellow way too thick, between the shine and the disappearance of fine details in the model.  That could be a big problem, seeing as a wash would help the yellow tons but suffer from the way creases and crevices have paint pooled in them.  I'm not really sure what can be done about this, though.

All that aside, I do like the bitz selection, and anyone who even takes on the task of a yellow army gets a free high five from me. :) 

I think that is why I try staying away from yellow at one point the yellow came out orange teehee.gif I still can't figure that one out. and not real happy how the wash went on.Glad this force is going to be small.Thanks for the critique.The next squad will try something different.sweat.gif

I like the end result of the colour but have to agree with Firepower they do look waxy, what is your yellow recipe? Also I think that the eyes should be a different colour to red, I personally chose ice blue for mine as it is more contrasting.

Aside from that you got somevgreat detail work and those decals (I assume the chapter symbols are decals if not great freehand) look very tidy. Can I get a shot of the missile launcher marine?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow a blazing start wish I could paint this quickly. Great bits selection and use of them :) also nice touch with the Sons of Horus helm on Sgt Zbigniew.

Oh and last night I was looking into the executioners chapter and found the skull bearers. Then thought to myself I've never seen anyone do an army of skull bearers that would be cool! What you know my prays have been answered :)

Brother Tyrax - thanks Brother these won't look waxy this time I am going to try a different yellow and wash.

forte - thanks from the FW Sons of Horus got the heads from a bits seller on ebay.

The next Skullbearer Brother Cibor the Tracker, sorry for the pic's I rushed them.

med_gallery_70257_8438_447055.jpg

Archived