11th Company Podcast: Interview Morticon abt. BA

Morticon

Hey guys.

11th Company do a podcast and I was fortunate enough to be interviewed by them about the BA and their success in SA - a lot of it has to do with local meta considerations as well as BA strengths.

Here are the details:

Episode 167

Interview starts at 55:11.  (Apologies for speaking a bit slowly -it was a 6am wake up to do the interview

><; ) 

Wednesday, Jul 3 2013. RTT Recap, Eldar, Tournaments, Tips, and lots of other things.

Short introduction to the episode
This Week in Gaming (1:36) - RTT Recap, Eldar, Discussion
Pats Corner (40:34) Interviews
40K Misc (1:21:19) Faster Play and Year End Review
Community (2:17:46) Second Wave, Feast of Blades, Ruinstorm, Michigan GT, How to lose at 40k
Phillipe (3:07:36) Facebook QA

Timestamps for Pat's Corner for Episode 167:

00:00-00:18 Intro
00:18-15:11 Matt Defranza Eldar Player, Best Overall Killadelphia
15:11-40:45 Brindley Uytenbogaart Blood Angels, Top South African Player

Unfortunately, your link didn't work for me.  However, I was able to find the podcast by navigating he site.

Here's another link just in case I'm not the only one having problems.  Just click "Episode 167: Back to Back".

---

Awesome podcast, dude.  Compared to people in the states, your accent spoken slow-ish is very soothing haha.

It was very interesting hearing about your meta and tournament scene.  It seems more people are "forced" to be loyal to their army due to monetary reasons.  I can empathize with that because I've been playing marines ever since I joined the hobby (I switched to BA when I got serious about list building so I consider them my 1st real army) because I don't have the cash to drop on the "next big thing".

I also agree about the lack of decent scoring troops.  I find my standard 2 10 man assault squads (attached priest and libby) are literally whittled down to 1 man against my buddy's guard lists with 3 or more mounted vets.  Really, a new BA dex just needs cheaper troops and perhaps a slight cc/get into cc buff to our assault marines to be competitive again.  Regarding the Raven, I enjoy PotMS with the TLMM.  I can focus on nuking 2 things on one turn, which is extremely helpful considering the Raven's price.  Meph is godly, my buddy hates him haha.

Unfortunately, your link didn't work for me.  However, I was able to find the podcast by navigating he site.

Here's another link just in case I'm not the only one having problems.  Just click "Episode 167: Back to Back".

---

Awesome podcast, dude.  Compared to people in the states, your accent spoken slow-ish is very soothing haha.

It was very interesting hearing about your meta and tournament scene.  It seems more people are "forced" to be loyal to their army due to monetary reasons.  I can empathize with that because I've been playing marines ever since I joined the hobby (I switched to BA when I got serious about list building so I consider them my 1st real army) because I don't have the cash to drop on the "next big thing".

I also agree about the lack of decent scoring troops.  I find my standard 2 10 man assault squads (attached priest and libby) are literally whittled down to 1 man against my buddy's guard lists with 3 or more mounted vets.  Really, a new BA dex just needs cheaper troops and perhaps a slight cc/get into cc buff to our assault marines to be competitive again.  Regarding the Raven, I enjoy PotMS with the TLMM.  I can focus on nuking 2 things on one turn, which is extremely helpful considering the Raven's price.  Meph is godly, my buddy hates him haha.

Hahhaha! Thanks dude!  The slowness comes partly cause I had just woken up, and partly cause of the second language english teaching experience.  

And ya, the "meta & money" consideration is an interesting implication with game play. 

New link worked fine. Your accent was fine too. Don't think you spoke to slow at all. Glad to get some insight into how you play other than what you post on the boards. Kinda odd how your meta works, but it's kinda cool that people stick to the same army. I haven't changed yet. I've been Blood Angel loyal since 3rd Edition.

Some people do change, but there hasn't been a lot of army flick-flacking -especially not the top players.

A large majority of people have two armies, though. But, they wont change from either of those two!

Out of the top 10 in SA at the moment: 

1.  Me- BA (and orks technically - though i never play them).  And I guess SM?

2. Unsure.

3. Nids and Chaos.

4. Orks and Chaos

5. Eldar and Tau

6. IG

7. Daemons and IG

8. Brett actually flick flacks quite a bit -hes probably the only player i know that changes his army after each release

9.  Daemons and IG.

10. Unsure.

Will listen anyway, as I subscribe.

But I want to hear them try and pronounce your name, you Dutchman! lol

hahahahh - Pat actually does quite well - even gets it the more "real" dutch way.  (on account of him having lived? come from? (maybe wife?) holland).

Its easier than it looks -   8 - 10 - bow- guard. 

Anyone else find their groups are hamstrung in the meta by cost prohibitiveness?

Sama, for us its not only the exchange rate. sadly.  The actual price is not as bad as in Oz, but the cost of living ratio makes it worse.

Locally, Its the exchange rate, the shipping and the local sales taxes - thats if we buy direct.  If we buy from the FLGS there's their markup that they place on it. 

As an example - The Swarmlord/Hive Tyrant model is $67 US, here - almost $15 more than in the States, - sadly the Ozzies get boned with their Swarmy being almost $82 US (almost $30 more).  

The major difference is cost of living/earning power- the Ozzies have access to better paying jobs and higher salaries broadly speaking.

Archived