Angels of Death: Fact or Fiction?

...well, it's all fiction, but I was wondering:  Have the Blood Angels and Dark Angels ever actually allied in the background?

I couldn't find any references to any wars where they fought side by side.

As an old timer with the old Angels of Death codex from 2nd edition, this bums me out.

Can anyone point to some documented alliance to prove me wrong?

BTW, I already know this is going to just devolve into a hissing match about how the Blood Angels would never go near those traitors :P

After 10,000 years I'd say its highly likely that they have at some point fought together... GW don't actually have to spoonfeed everything, you know. Especially as we know of maybe 40 or 50 campaigns for the ba chapter that must leave a few hundred thousand we don't know about.

...well, it's all fiction, but I was wondering: Have the Blood Angels and Dark Angels ever actually allied in the background?

I couldn't find any references to any wars where they fought side by side.

As an old timer with the old Angels of Death codex from 2nd edition, this bums me out.

Can anyone point to some documented alliance to prove me wrong?

BTW, I already know this is going to just devolve into a hissing match about how the Blood Angels would never go near those traitors tongue.png

Hmmmmm i can't think of any mentioned in the blood angels codex specifically, but i know that that the dark angels took part of the fleet that reclaimed the crimson fist's homeworld, maybe the blood angels (or a successor chapter) were there fighting too? (i've never seen a full list of that fleet though .....) But if you're looking for hard evidence, not just speculation, there is a specific entry in the DA codex where it mentions them joining up with Blood Angels after the siege of Terra to push back the traitor's; it even specifically mentions that they were getting along great especially since both had just lost their respective primarch's.

This is the most recent fluff i can think of.... hope it helps :D

After 10,000 years I'd say its highly likely that they have at some point fought together... GW don't actually have to spoonfeed everything, you know. Especially as we know of maybe 40 or 50 campaigns for the ba chapter that must leave a few hundred thousand we don't know about.

Thanks for the responses everyone, it is greatly appreciated.  Seems the Angels of Death don't live in the same corners of the galaxy!

Archived