Counts as Telion

Buster

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w526/JGReidling/20130710_184700_zpseb822c44.jpg

Got bored and threw this together as I think about running a scout heavy list. No idea when I'll get around to slapping some paint on him though.

Nice work on the rifle but I think it needs a little more on the marine himself to distinguish him from other scouts/scout sergeants. Telekom does sport a rather nice beard, for one. And how about doing something with that left hand?

Do you have any spare, helmet-less Marine heads? For example the rough, left-half-cyber one from the Tactical Squad box? Swapping the scout head for a different one would be one way to make him look both unique and a gnarled veteran.

That or carefully cut away the scout head's hair (all that really needs removing is the hairline at the front) to make him bald. After that you could cut a scar or two into his scalp. Paint a tattoo on there, etc.

As for the left hand how about a swap with another scout hand holding a knife. Or use a knife-gripping hand but cut away the knife and replace it with a bolt pistol...severed enemy head...

Or cut that two-fingers-extended hand off, mould a bit of tree trunk or ruined wall on the base to his side, and reattach that hand to be resting against the terrain.

If you have any purity seals or scrollcases those could be added to his armour/belt for honours and the like.

Hope those suggestions help :)

The model has a very static pose and has nothing to distinguish him from any other scout other than the slightly different gun. It looks more like a proxy than it does a valid attempt of representing Telion.

I don't care much for the gun, mainly because the magazine for it is almost as large as his torso. Telion is a tiny scout, not a bulky terminator and wouldn't run through the ruins for the grim, dark future with something that large and bulky. It should have a more normal mag in my opinion to not look so impractical.

The thing about scouts is that they don't tote around scroll cases and an abundance of relics or purity seals. They are probably not as strong as an astartes, so why lug around all of that stuff? Look at the stock models and artwork of scouts and they don't typically carry around decorations.

The best thing you can possibly do to make him really stand out is to change his pose and face using greenstuff. The second you take that step to make an effort of learning how to sculpt you will become a better artist and modeler. It opens up possibilities that kit bashing doesn't have to offer and will make the hobby more of a challange and keep it interesting.

If you are going to drop serious cash on models like all of us do, you might as well go nuts with them and make each of them stand out.

Cheers.

Archived