Crozius arcanum

Lord Heremes

Hail brothers of blood. While browsing through my codex I noticed that crozius arcanum are simply describe as a power weapon. Does that mean it could be an axe or a sword or even a spear? As I recall they are generally described as maces but the codex doesn't indicate any specific of what type of power weapon it could be

Ah yes thank you. I found it under power weapons. It essentially says if it looks like a blunt weapon on the model then its a mace. Too bad I can't find a chaplain model with a sharp edged wing crozius or I might have made it an axe for the lulz.

Someone else did the maths a while ago - a Crozius is better than a power sword at dealing with termies due to the +2S, it also ignores anything not in PA/3+ saves (so again - Commisars/IG characters, Dark Eldar, Eldar Aspect warriors, Most Nids), causes wounded models to attack at I1 (great for stopping an I3/4 model form attacking before any power fists/TH's if you want to bash a big Nid) etc.

And for us in the charge its fairly easy to get it up to S7 which threatens dreadnoughts.

Someone else did the maths a while ago - a Crozius is better than a power sword at dealing with termies due to the +2S, it also ignores anything not in PA/3+ saves (so again - Commisars/IG characters, Dark Eldar, Eldar Aspect warriors, Most Nids), causes wounded models to attack at I1 (great for stopping an I3/4 model form attacking before any power fists/TH's if you want to bash a big Nid) etc.

And for us in the charge its fairly easy to get it up to S7 which threatens dreadnoughts.

Crozius vs Terminators : .139 wounds per Hit

Power Sword vs Terminators : ..083 wounds per Hit

Not a huge difference there.

Crozius/Power Sword vs Power Armor : .278 wpH/.5 wpH

There are significantly more 3+ saves in 6th Edition than 2+ Saves, and I wager that given the distribution of players playing 3+ army vs those playing 4+/5+ army there are as many PA models as models that get no save from a Crozius.

Mathhammer is the suck and rarely seems to reflect actual experience. Theoretically, I should have lost my rechlusiarch to many challenges by various chaos lords and champs, but actual experience has put many of these lords in a shallow unmarked graves after my chappy admonished them for their wicked ways

Statistical dispersion in action. An average is not what happens every time, just the most likely result spread over an infinite amount of situations.

Mathhammer is often oversimplified (by necessity) but it still gives you a general idea of the expected outcome.  

Archived