The Sons of Sparta Project

Sigvard

So here we have the Work In Progress thread for the Sons of Sparta - Dark Angels successor chapter.

I am going to try and keep it updated as regularly as I can -  I work shifts and am currently trying to complete a Grey Knights ETL Vow also so please bear with me.

I am going to try and drop a little bit of the chapter history into the thread as and when I write it.

I am going to be updating photos on my Tumblr thread simply because my iPhone makes photos ginormous.

So far I have got my self some Tactical Squads on order and am currently working on my Deathwing Knights (The Bold 300 is the working title.)

This is the Tumblr thread http://orionm88.tumblr.com/.

I am going to for a bronze armor with red cloth and trim on the armor. I am considering using veterans for my tactical marines, simply to break up the large amount of bronze on the armor.

But we shall see.

Any questions, ideas or tips please feel free to drop a comment.

Sigvard

• 4 weeks later...

why sparta and ancient greek colors when the DA are most often cast as european slash monastic order in origin? The greek motif is locked down by the boy's in blue and there 600 odd cousin chapter's.

Much more so Roman Legionary. Minotaurs are very Hoplite though.

The only thing I can say about this idea is it has the potential to either come across as amazing, or like minotaurs with DA icons.  I would suggest that you invest in a lot of robed bodies and paint the robes red as others have suggested while keeping the bronze armor color.

He came about the idea from his love of one of the FW minotaur characters, decided to go down the spartans route, and found that DA were the best fitting SM codex for what he wants to use. Personally I'm looking forward to how it all comes together.

Archived