Blood Angel models now and in the future

LegioX

So I've been collecting and planning a BA army for a few months now, figuring out what paints I need etc, and have just started painting some Death Company after being very rusty at painting and finally trying to learn how to highlight to some extent.

I just bought the Battle Force and a box of Assault Marines, so I now have 10 Tactical Marines, 10 ASM, 10 DC (5 assembled) and Rhino. 

I just saw that there is a new Tactical Squad rumored to be released next week, so all of a sudden the squad that I have no longer seems like its worth building if there are new ones coming out! And then I saw a rumor about new Jump Packs that will not have the seams on the side, so now I feel weird about building my ASM as well. I'm hoping at least the Rhino isn't due for a revamp and can stick with that for a while...but I am curious if the new tactical squad is all new poses/armor types or if its just a repackaging with more options.

So I don't know how guys, Should I wait it out and get all the new shiny stuff before painting else ? Which brings me to the BA specific units, i.e. DC, Sang Guard, Furiosos, Baals, etc.

With 7 of the 9 founding chapters about to have updated rules besides us and SW, I would be hoping that a BA dex is around the corner, and if it is I am curious what you folks think the releases will actually include?

I've been hit with this sensation of not wanting to build anything that may be redone very soon, as that would just be a crappy feeling. 

Am I safe to at least build Sang Guard and Death Company, Furiosos etc.? Or will these be getting redone soon next as well? What possible releases could there be a BA dex I wonder....as most of our units are from generic SM and they are getting their stuff soon.

It's very, very unlikely that the DC, SG or Furioso kits will be changed. They only just came out in 2010-2011. Tactical and assault marine kits are possibly going to be updated with better moulds/more bits. Possibly better to stick with what you have for the moment and wait till September.

It's very, very unlikely that the DC, SG or Furioso kits will be changed. They only just came out in 2010-2011. Tactical and assault marine kits are possibly going to be updated with better moulds/more bits. Possibly better to stick with what you have for the moment and wait till September.

Thanks for the reassurance, didn't realize they were so new. I will continue to work on my DC for now and I guess you're right to just wait it out for the rest, I'm sure I'll still be able to get rid of them if I want to grab the new ones instead. My only fear for the Assault Marines is that the Vanguard will be a dual box with options to leave them as regular ASM. Otherwise I could magnetize their current back packs and buy the new and improved Jump Packs when they come out. *shrug* It's all just very frustrating for some mild OCD habits lol =/

As p34ce has said, the Blood Angel specific kits aren't due for a change. I would say a new Blood Angels codex wont be out for another couple of years either and even then I don't see the DC, SG or Furioso kits changing as they are still relatively new. So for now I would work on these units.

For the Tactical and Assault squads I would hold off and wait to see what stuff comes out with the new Space Marine Codex. You could still keep the Tactical and Assault squads you have but mix the older parts with the newer parts (if the newer bits are new sculpts and not just a re-cut sprue) then you would have more diversity and poses in your squads.

Also, Stormraven, Baal Predator and the Special Characters aren't going to change. And most likely neither will the command squad, since that's a plastic muli-part kit in the new style with lots of extra bits. If you can paint more than all that in a month or two, you're pretty quick!

I reckon we might see a BA termie box with the next codex, but that could be years away literally. A marine player that says having an extra tactical squad knocking about in their collection is either pulling your leg or plain nuts! Maybe buy some of the many marks of armour that FW pump out each month if you're worried about the current tactical or assault squads. It'd look super cool too as a bonus. geek.gif

GW absolutely hates replacing plastic moulds, so don't be surprised if the rumours turn out to be utterly false.

TLDR;

Calm down and build your marines.

As before, the current space marines were released in 1998, almost 15 years ago. 

They use the same arms, legs and torsos, etc, in the tactical, assault, dev boxes.

I'd think it more likely that there will be a standard 'veterans' box, maybe two boxes: shooty veterans and assaulty veterans, with weapons options not present in the tactical box, more ornate armour, etc, much in the same way as the DC box for the BA.

Sanguinary guard and DC boxes will be around for a long time, they're great.

It seems to me that BA don't really need any new models then besides what generic SM are getting. Kind of makes me wish they would just roll out the BA and SW dex along with the other 6 Chapters next month...why leave 2/9 chapters outdated ?

I wonder if BA warrant their own month of releases as the general trend lately has been 4 or so big plastic kits and 3 characters, I'd like to see what BA get when that finally happens.

Hopefully we will get new Errata and FAQ's out after the Space Marine codex comes out so we could use some, if not all of what ever new stuff they get. You are right we don't need any new models as everything in our codex is available. But with new codex’s comes new units. So when Blood Angels get a new codex there will be new stuff come out for that.

I don't agree with rolling the BA, SW and DA into one codex. Unless the codex is massive you will lose a lot of fluff from it. Also chapter specific model releases would be extremely limited unless GW do a mass release of new SM models, which wouldn't happen. Think about what SW, BA and DA got as new models when they came out, GW would never release that amount of stuff in one go as well as whatever will come out for the new SM codex.

From what I have heard from my local GW store, They are thinking that SM will get a new dex soon and Imperial Fists, maybe Black Templars, and some other chapters will get supplemental material. I highly doubt that Blood angels will be a supplement because I feel like they would have done it for Dark Angels too, then. Maybe I just want that to be true though.

I reckon we might see a BA termie box with the next codex, but that could be years away literally. A marine player that says having an extra tactical squad knocking about in their collection is either pulling your leg or plain nuts! Maybe buy some of the many marks of armour that FW pump out each month if you're worried about the current tactical or assault squads. It'd look super cool too as a bonus. geek.gif

GW absolutely hates replacing plastic moulds, so don't be surprised if the rumours turn out to be utterly false.

TLDR;

Calm down and build your marines.

Was looking through the BA online store and you gave me an idea....wait for it....

DEATH COMPANY TERMIES!

Would be cool eh?

Cool, but ridiculous.

Though they don't seem to have a problem outfitting these suicide squads with power weapons, thunder hammers and melta pistols (which are supposed to be even rarer than terminator armour).

Cool, but ridiculous.

Though they don't seem to have a problem outfitting these suicide squads with power weapons, thunder hammers and melta pistols (which are supposed to be even rarer than terminator armour).

What was the first mission in Space Hulk v3 called again?

Termies are often sent on the most dangerous missions. DC termies could be interesting, if a little hard to restrain if they manage to survive the battle.

Archived