..::Dirt Factory Studios::.. WE XIVth Company 7th/July

GhostMalone

Both the Gore Wolf and the banner look good.  The addition of the brighter color to the runes really makes the shield look the part and I suspect it will help him stand out from the World Eaters around him on the table top.  The banner is coming along nicely.  Are you planning on adding some darker color around the battle damage on the hanging marine torso?  

Torso yes I'm just waiting on some skeletal bits to arrive so I can have the spine hanging and then ill damage up the nub with some deep crimson and wash some dark shades onto the torso, I'm happy with the gore wolf as he can still blend into a unit but is a recognisable character

Torso yes I'm just waiting on some skeletal bits to arrive so I can have the spine hanging and then ill damage up the nub with some deep crimson and wash some dark shades onto the torso, I'm happy with the gore wolf as he can still blend into a unit but is a recognisable character

That all sounds pretty good on the banner to me.  Have you thought about dappling some very dark color right around the bullet holes in the torso?  That might look like a "realistic" bolter impact theoretically.  

decided to change things up the duel has become a defiant to the last, scene I've gone from the duel to a reclaiming of a fallen standard by the company Warden.

let me know your thoughts?

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/IMG_10291_zps3f33295a.jpghttp://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/IMG_10301_zps3436432f.jpghttp://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/IMG_10311_zpsfb7011dc.jpg

That looks awesome. Although, I'm not sure how well it might be recieved since the banner does completely cover up the guy on one side. Not saying its bad, just that if you look at it at the right(wrong) angle, it looks like a pretty awesome(and huge) objective marker.

@kol - that's what I thought one amazing objective to fight for, I also built a ammo drop off point and a fallen world eater objective.

@paladin - yes it is zuhfor a axe and shaft, I wanted a functioning ceremonial axe rather than a corzius, and if you want to send me some fluff that would be cool. I'd love to have another fellow world eater to work beside

On the base is the torso and helm of the original bearer surrounded in rubble see I showed innitative on that one.

The story is the centurion of the XIVth and his command squad were taken out on istvaan iii by the loyalists and the chaplain came hijacked a drop pod and targeted the site even though he was to be held in reserve and come down with the second wave and all the heavy weapons squads, he saw on the bridge what had happened and went for the company!!! Solo hero style to retrieve the fallen standard

Believe me I'm going all out fluff wise.

Each sarge each squad member everything will have history but I'm currently flat out so I can only get tid bits down, the captain is being done currently both fluff and model wise same with the rapier destroyer batteries and contemptor dreds.

Just sifting through all the world eaters campaigns books and fluff, if anyone wants to help out with character development and what not I'd be happy to.

So far I've got kol and his night lords a oath brothers, noctus and king allant as a ally who we are indebted to, cold winters word bearers who we purged worlds with in the shadow crusade. Heathens and his iron warriors who are our sworn oath brothers and not to forget heinrichs night lords and also once furioso decides I hope to work with his traitors too.

Well I'll happily chime in once the fluff for my force (World Eaters, 21st Echelon) has been put down in writting. While they'll have missed Istvaan III, they'll be back by Istvaan V and there to fight for Angron and their brothers, yours amongst them I hope! :)

The 21st and 14th shall spill blood for the sake of spilling blood ;)

I'd be happy to brother Dalkeith of the XIVth and vet sgt Toran would be happy to have you with us. (Toran is a play on my name, going to have my mini done soon)

JaspCat, Your stuff has inspired me to rebuild my Ultramrines thread grumble grumble, painting to fast, can't get pictures done. Need to show XII that Ultramar is still kicking grumble

@ Heinrich- ill be at your call anytime brother, thanks for the support

@ Vazzy- I would be honoured to have some loyalist competition it may inspire me to get even more passionate

@ noctus- and one day soon ill build the XIVth into a 40k brotherhood to stand beside you as we'll brother

lol, looks like you got two Night Lord Oath Brothers. Dangerous waters, ahoy! Lol

Be afraid be very afraid (but only because that will make your oath brothers happywink.png!)

Did your Isstavan V thread get nuked too? If so that's a real shame.

But on to the models:

I really like you're Baneblade, the hazard striping is very nice I hope your brother in law is suitably grateful.

The dual/last stand/heroic recovery of the companies honour is coming along nicely.

As a medieval re-enactor I've got a fair amount of experience swinging pole arms around and the only comment I would make is that if you start swinging a weapon designed to be used two handed with only one hand the best way of maintaining some control of it is to brace the shaft against either the small of your back or your hip this gives a fulcrum point. What this is leading up to is even with astartes gene-enhanced strength I think it would look best if the shaft of your wardens Axe was a bit closer into his body.

Also the helmet on the top of the banner you've done a nice Glowing eyes thing but wouldn't the helm need power from its now decapitated suit?

I hope this doesn't sound picky because it not, just some (hopefully) constructive critique.

All in though keep tying the red rope and well done on the red angel himself, I got the big man for my birthday in may and its just sat around waiting for me to pluck up the courage to paint itunsure.png

@punk- the threads still alive it's just nneeding updating soon, need to get all these small bits finished for a big update.

@kol- I think it's pretty feesable, night lords love fear tactics the world eaters don't even try to cause fear. Planet wide rebellions stop by mention of the XIIth legions name. And I'd rather word bearers nightlords and iron warriors love my extremists.

@heinrich- I don't need to worry about a knife in the back due to you and kol needing to worry about a chainaxe to the side of a skull :D

God I love rage incarnate. My world eaters are becoming an obsession.

Now on the little critiques the eyes have been shadedwithy way watcher green,sadly the axe is fixed into place so I many trim or move it now.

Hopefully once forgeworld pull out their finger I can get to work on more

Archived