..::Dirt Factory Studios::.. WE XIVth Company 7th/July

GhostMalone

So just a thought.

How does everyone feel on the cape for the warden, I felt he needed more detail and I had a spare one from The Lord zuhfor model.

C&C please :)

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zps222ee6cc.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zpsfa569f28.jpg

Unfortunately, the cape doesn't flow in the direction the model is moving (since he's rotating with the axe swing and the cape seems to be moving the other way, considering the curve it has) and therefore doesn't seem to fit, imho... It is a very nice cape, however, and I hope you find some use for it (unless you use ot on the warden anyway ;) )

Well Jaspcat, I'll do my best. I have so much stuff done at this point I can easily get close to 4.5k-5k and I plan to keep going. Also I'm liking the Warden quite a bit, that's Lokens cloak yeah?

I agree with PNF about the flow of the cape, however Lord Zhufor is resin, is he not? If you feel like risking it it should be fairly simply to repose that cloak with the judicious use of some hot water. Been fairly aggressive with some FW autocannon ammo belts myself these past few days, and as long as you don't try and wrench them about once they've started to cool again (which is very quickly) you can bend them back and forth all night long with no ill effect. submersing the entire things made them spring back to their original shapes, so i'm reasonably confident you could try it at least and still be able to return it to it's current state if it doesn't work.

Unfortunately, the cape doesn't flow in the direction the model is moving (since he's rotating with the axe swing and the cape seems to be moving the other way, considering the curve it has) and therefore doesn't seem to fit, imho... It is a very nice cape, however, and I hope you find some use for it (unless you use ot on the warden anyway ;) )

unfortunately I have to agree with this but you could try turning it over as marine731 suggested.

Jasp, something I used to do to make tabards and cloaks before I dared try sculpting them myself was to brush some oil on the cloak of another figure, mix up some greenstuff, and press a fairly thick layer of it onto the cloak, making sure it got down into all the folds and stuff. Once it cured, I'd peel it off and cut to shape whatever I needed. In this case, you could do the same and flip it over, making a mirror of the resin cloak. :D

Ha! I flipping love that idea!!!

Ill give it a go tonight ill also paint up the existing to add to my praetor.

I'm hoping to start some renegade imperial army, using the dark vengeance cultists. It's for the brother in laws Christmas present, I'm thinking a renegade Valkyrie and some chaos renegade army cultists should go well with the baneblade

Pshht as if this mofo one sgt fallern ain't dying I can tell you that plus once the other five are finished I will commend you if you can get through a ten man squad of rampagers in a Phobos land raider

:D I'm bringing this :cuss proper hardcore

Damn straight there's more than one company coming for you ;)

On another note people submit some name ideas and fluff for my boys just personality traits and so on; This be my list and I'm going to start on the fluff so come on brothers lets bring the red angels sons to life :)

Raphael

Jarrah

Kismet

Verona

Colton

Whysall

Droeger

Zorak

Balthasar

Reysenn

Delray

Karnonn

Kinzea

Kyse

Draliik

Vishal

Sukarno

Raymel

Heysenn

Alduin

No just people to send me some names and a brief description ill do the rest. I had an idea for an ultra, he's Terran born and during training on terra he went through with his brother and each were selected for different legions. One the XIIth and one the XIIIth. Corbin and Toran

The power just went out due to a storm front but I managed to roughly get started on the chaplains cloak

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zps2d280457.jpg

Still not sure what I'm doing but ill get it eventually

Nice! I hope it works out for your Chaplain.

Jdaspcat, if you could keep that sort of scaled texture its got, maybe you can make it a trophy taken from a Firedrake or something.

To get the flow of the cape going the other direction, in line with the Chaplain's movement, the textured area will become the underside.

No just people to send me some names and a brief description ill do the rest. I had an idea for an ultra, he's Terran born and during training on terra he went through with his brother and each were selected for different legions. One the XIIth and one the XIIIth. Corbin and Toran

I like this I like this quite a bit. 

Archived