..::Dirt Factory Studios::.. WE XIVth Company 7th/July

GhostMalone

@Bck- any ideas brother I'm just trying here and I'm still not confident

@kol- brother for you ill make it a sallies trophy

@vaz- I thought a confrontation through the shadow crusade could be a great story ;) colabs perhaps?

@kol- brother for you ill make it a sallies trophy

@vaz- I thought a confrontation through the shadow crusade could be a great story msn-wink.gif colabs perhaps?

Sounds quite good brother. You make the Eater, I make the Ultra?

Yep ;) maybe we keep weapon options the same and status? I was thinking veteran Sargent maybe with two handed weaponry like heavy chainswords or thunder hammers, make it sort of back during the training they were equals. The older one was hot headed and aggressive and was put in the XIIth whilst the younger one was cool headed a strategist and looked at the big picture. Maybe a year difference between them.

Have it so eventually the younger one confronts the eldar one in the shadow crusade?

It's hard to tell from your picture, but I'm thinking your layer of GS might no be thick enough, which is easy to remedy since GS sticks to itself really, even some that's already cured. In my experience with this little trick doing an entire cape, it WILL require a little bit of sculpting work to smooth out the edges, and if the underside is going to be visible at all, you might need a little work there as well. Your texture idea might work for that, though.

Go very slow when you're peeling the GS off the cape because it can easily tear if it snags on something (another reason to have a thick layer of GS). That was usually an issue with capes that had really deep valleys in the folds of the cloth, but I think the only real worry for this one might be the tattered holes in it, which will be positive once you remove the GS, and will have to trim them off.

Yep msn-wink.gif maybe we keep weapon options the same and status? I was thinking veteran Sargent maybe with two handed weaponry like heavy chainswords or thunder hammers, make it sort of back during the training they were equals. The older one was hot headed and aggressive and was put in the XIIth whilst the younger one was cool headed a strategist and looked at the big picture. Maybe a year difference between them.

Have it so eventually the younger one confronts the eldar one in the shadow crusade?

Sounds Good. (goes to try and find a two handed weapon.)

Does anyone else find it slightly funny and coincidental that one brother will be in the Fourteenth Company of the Twelfth Legion and the other is in the Thirteenth Legion? Be even more funny if Vazzy was making the Fifteenth Company! lol

I hadn't even realised that!

well update time, cloak didn't turn out how I wanted so I scrapped that idea and went to a jump pack for the chaplain/warden

currently doing little finishing pieces

introducking a finished piece

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/IMG_10451_zps999d2652.jpghttp://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/IMG_10461_zpsdf5d4f6d.jpg

I did two attempts, they both worked but I wasn't happy with the way the cloak flowed on the model, so im saving them for another model.

I thought theres no point adding to much more to the duel objective thing.

so sadly I think all in all I failed at it

Okay small update, just started on the 20x cultists from dark vengeance as renegade imperial army to send to the brother in law.

I've started on painting the duel scene chaplain and loyalist but not yet the base.

I've gone for a bronze armour with the ageing effect for the chaplain, black pauldrons and other areas in black.

I want to know how people feel about the colours.

I wanted to steer clear of an entire black armour pattern and give more of a gladiatorial feel to it

Okay small update, just started on the 20x cultists from dark vengeance as renegade imperial army to send to the brother in law.

I've started on painting the duel scene chaplain and loyalist but not yet the base.

I've gone for a bronze armour with the ageing effect for the chaplain, black pauldrons and other areas in black.

I want to know how people feel about the colours.

I wanted to steer clear of an entire black armour pattern and give more of a gladiatorial feel to it

The colour scheme looks great in my head... That might not actually be a compliment but its meant to be teehee.gif

I've just invested in Betrayal and though I really want to do the 30K version of my 40K night Lords 21st Coh. I have got this rage filled primarch just waiting for me to pluck up the courage to paint him and he will need some white and blue friends, so I think world eaters first and then when Massacre comes out N.L's a go go. Your W.E's are a real source of inspiration for me. Hopefully soon I shall have the beginnings of a W.E. company too. The yet to be formed 30th company looks forward to being able to bestride the killing grounds of Isstvan V alongside their more established brothers of the XIV.

@star phantom- well that's pretty much my thought trail, sort of artificer MKIII plate.

@punk- brother happy to be of inspiration and I'd love to have another fellow world eater, maybe do a allied unit of night lords ;)

@kol- stop trying to pinch world eaters!! :D

Otherwise I'm a pimp slap you into oblivion

Well I got one problem with that.....

It's not fair! If he wants to be covered in blood and gore swinging a chain axe he should be allowed!

I think ill be doing multiple allied detachments.

Maybe a night lords as well as iron warriors mechanicum and imperial army

Archived