..::Dirt Factory Studios::.. WE XIVth Company 7th/July

GhostMalone

Just some sneak peaks at the sisters of battle and I hate the way were progressing with sculpts of the space marine faces, just stuff losing its realism and starting to cater for I guess the younger generations coming in :/

I just don't like that the whole premise was "This is the Imperium. It is standing on its last legs. All technology is older than the people using it, there's not much of it and what they do have is falling apart." but now its "This is the Imperium. They are protected by Space Marines whose power armor has power armor on their power armor so they can have power armor on their power armor while they are wearing their power armor with power armor on it. These guys over here are Chaos. They used to have more toys than the Imperials because they maintained their tech and even built new weapons using the infernal engineering of the warp. Now they're lucky to have a bolter."

Yep that sums it up nicely. From a time when mankind is stagnating, all of a sudden ohh yeah we found this stc! Now who wants a dread knight.

I miss the time when a space marine was a space marine. That iron snakes novel from way back that was how it was supposed to be not like this.

Chaos are getting rediculous with there crap even the guards new tanks look like male genetalia.

30k was supposed to be mankind taking back it's glory not ohh by the way your DIY chapter can have a fellblade :/ just ruins the setting for me

I *love* that color. Guess I'll have to use it when I get 'round to building and painting a Warden (gotta use the same title, of course) for my own WE force! A warden I'll be calling Jaskat or something like that ;) (currently working on a small bit of fluff and my Praetor first while I wait for a first batch of marines from FW, will have a thread open soon, hopefully!)

And a thank you on the kind words :)

And it's an honour to have a similar named warden built. Can't wait to see your thread happening consider it already followed.

The armour is coming along I just feel it lacks something, I just can't put my finger on it.

Amazing diorama so far brother Jaspcat, can't wait to see it in the end and that bronze came out beautifully thumbsup.gif. Also sorry for not posting more often as I have been put on ice recently so I have only been able to watch without comment, can't wait to see more of your minis in the future wink.png

That's fine brother, it's good to have the support of so many other B&C brothers. Hopefully in the future I can make everyone even happier with my works.

On another note I went down to my local gaming club and had a very very irritating/interesting conversation. I want to know what everyone thinks about the whole 6th edition rules and the view of the heresy.

I had an argument with a 14yr old child because he thinks that running 30k troops and rules is unfair and that I should be playing 40k like him,I turned to him and pretty much said why is it unfair when he is including 30k units in his dark angels when they aren't dex legal.

Long story short I snapped at him because he gets his dad to buy him 2000pts of models every time a dex is released and seems to think that a single model will win him a game.

Is it just me or is the younger generations taking from what the hobby in general used to be? I remember when I was younger and the tyranids had there 4th edition codex release I didn't go dex crazy, or back when drazhaar master of blades was an awesome bad ass model. I just feel that these kids don't collect an army for joy it's just to win.

i agree alot of the younger players would have better sportmanship if they didnt get trust fund armies. those in my area seem more down to earth in the escalation league we have running. having to build the army and paint it for each point bracket seems to open their eyes more.

What 30K units was he fielding?

I can see that for some running heresy era forces in 40K is "unfair" because:

A: The legions represent the pinnacle of human endeavour and its been down hill ever since for the empire therefore it stands to reason a legion should be able to kick most anything's head in.

B: Very very few 40K players know the rules for Heresy era stuff and have a case of fear the unknown when it come to facing off against a legion

C: In my experience most HH fanatics are older more experienced gamers and as such can usually table newer less experienced players with relative ease and humans being humans their opponents usually conclude that it must be because the army they faced was so super awesome that they lost not because they didn't have a coherent plan, they reinforced failure or one of the other 1001 stupid mistakes that we all make when we are learning.    

And as for expecting a single model to win the game well that's just being young, I can remember the looks of horror when I went to the local club 15ish years ago to play WFB toting an army with no special characters and making a point of always mugging any special "super killy death wins the thing on its own and then makes tea" types with hordes of cheap disposable basic troop types. Now my sons both suffer from the cult of special character illness (the youngest is convinced almost as an article of faith that having Belial will make his Dark angels unstoppable and the eldest pours so much hope into his Dwarf Demon Slayer hero its almost embarrassing but to be fair they are 10 and 13 respectively) its not their fault G.W. actively encourages this attitude just read W.D. and see what I mean...

I am often guilty of "grumpy old man" syndrome and it wasn't like this in my day-itus but there has and always will be those in for the win dex whores but I think there are more in it for the love its just they don't tend to stand out so much.

Mind you I feel the irritation about the Daddy bought players I work hard to pay for my family and home and what's spare I sink into my toy soldiers. Both my boys love to play and love the hobby and I buy them a box of what ever they are keen on at the time for birthdays and Christmas but I also make them save up and or do chores to pay for the bulk of their armies and I think it makes them invest a bit more into those little lumps of plastic because they have had to work a bit for them.     

I think I might suggest that, I have no problem with newbies playing with there first armies but I'm getting tired of the immaturity that's developing in the community, I got asked what I think of the rampagers having chosen warriors and scout, I said I haven't used them in a fight yet but it's seems pretty cool then I had one child say to me he didn't care what I thought.... Then why ask me.

I'm hoping though that in time they will listen and keep this hobby going, I just feel that the darkness is leaving the hobby because they are aiming at to young of an age bracket

Some will listen and become better players and people because of it and others are doomed to a life as a snot nose pcensored.gif k.

I try to be good and rise above it but some times the only way is to imagine repeatedly hacking them apart with a blunt chainaxe, its what Angron would want...devil.gif

That's why I stopped gaming outside of a small group of friends, I enjoy the community online here and am motivated by the modelling efforts of all our members, but when it comes to dealing with people face to face the military left me far too bitter to even want to put up with whiny children and power gamers. I play the armies I want to play according to how I wish the fluff still was, grimdark, evil and hopeless. In MY 41st millennium there is only mature adults smoking cigars, drinking beer and laughing at the antics of little plastic men and dice. 

God damn it Heinrich can I move over to your place. I miss having mates like that, sadly the gaming community isn't as advanced in my area.

Anyone viewing this thread if your in Australia want grim dark scotch and cigars come visit me! And he'll if any of my overseas brothers want a holiday ill have a rumpus room set up soon

:D

I'd love it brother there's not that much of interest down here though, most of it's up in my home area being Queensland, down in south Australia we have drink driving thousands of km of dessert and extremely laid back people

Sorry, Us younger types can be real :cussheads, I get along much better with older folks than my generation. Having just started uni though, my floor is curious about my models. Which is awesome. Also Jasp, I may be doing study abroad in Melbourne next Fall. So I might take you up on that.

Wow I'm honoured that people would do this, I would love to see it built.

Personally I was toying with a veteran tactical squad from the XXVth company headed by a marine simply referred to as the paladin, sort of hoplite based with a javelin and shield.... Thoughts?

Now that would be epic! Though I must modestly point out that a Paladin is a medieval-knight type bod, so maybe sword or axe and a honking big shield? blush.png

I warn you in advance, though - everything's still on paper so Gawd only knows when the Moritat will actually get built, never mind painted.....

Archived