..::Dirt Factory Studios::.. WE XIVth Company 7th/July

GhostMalone

I agree with the fact that my generation can be really annoying and can reck your entire gaming experience. But on a better note I accidentally walked into an Astronomi-con tournament and I found some allies for you Jasp. 1500 points of heresy death guard ready to purge the lackies of the corpse god with you.

Hmmm cheap way is eBay, or forgeworld discount but I'm not sure if it's legit, I ordered 5 MKIII marines they seemed all right same resin and stamps and all that, but I don't feel right ordering from there as I love my FW

It's true the younger generations of players can at times be infuriating a bit, but you have to keep in mind the different mindsets... IIRC, I'm a bit older than you at 33, and as a "Nintendo generation" guy, I tend to enjoy games that are hard to go trough, or even games that don't even have an actual ending. Then came the "playstation generation", which has a lot more to do with ours than the next, but tends to prefer "easy wins" - NOT auto-wins, just games that aren't impossible; we're talking about a generation that tends to prefer a game they can get to the end of and possibly offers an "easy" difficulty setting if they feel lazy. And next came the "iPhone generation", which is ruled by microtransactions : if you can't beat it at first, there better be a way to pay to win or they (some of them) might just dismiss the game and diss it as too difficult.

It's a different mindset; pay-to-win IS standard for many younger players, they've been led to believe its the norm. Keep it in mind and 'show' them, help them see the error of their ways... Some people can't stand losing, can't enjoy it. Let them realise how entertaining, captivating and anlightening a close game can be, how much more one learns from a defeat than from a victory. Give 'em tips, pointers; after a turn in which a player made a mistake, explain it to them "see, you did [this] here, but if you'd done [that] instead with the unit, you could have blablabla..." and soon enough, you'll have better opponents to play against and who'll be begging to play against you! :)

@PNF- I'm the playstation gen yet I feel more like the Nintendo gen ;) I tried to teach my fiances cousin who I gracefully donated 3000 points of unpainted marines from around a decade ago mind you, and have tried my hardest to show him that losing can be fun, in one game against IG his SM captain just had to kill a sentinel to win he had a combo melta melta grenades and was in close combat but every time he rolled a dice it was a 1. I was in hysterics and he named that sentinel lucky joe after that game, for every young family member that takes an interest in the hobby I'm trying to enforce a good gaming attitude for them.

Losing can be more fun then winning if it's a good game

Well I have legally completed 20x boarding marines, 1x praetor in MKIII, 1x praetor in Cathapractii, 1x contemptor dread, 5x rampagers, 5x tartaros terminators, 5xheavy support.

So I can play around 2000pts but I'm still going to wait till this forge world order is done

Jarrah- the thrice impailed, Before his internment into his sarcophagus, Jarrah was an assualt sergeant of the XIIth legions XIVth company. He earned the moniker "Thrice Impaled" on the planet of Drewik Primus. During the Crusade, the XIVth Company of the XIIth Legion and the XVth Company of the XIIIth Legion had just brought the Sector to compliance when the planet came under siege.

The first signs were when the augury sensors detected xenos vessels approaching Drewik Primus as well as mysterious portals opening up across the planet's surface. Reports confirmed that these were the so-called "dark eldar", piratical kin of the species that traveled in massive world-ships called Craftworlds.

It was decided that the World Eaters would lead the assault on the surface to destroy the Webway portals while the fleet would repel the invaders above. Once the ground troops were isolated with no escape route, a simple barrage of orbital bombardments would eradicate the xenos filth.

Meanwhile, the Ultramarines would safeguard the cities and civilians in an attempt to minimize collateral damage.

It was here, that Jarrah would meet his future. As he led his squad in an assault on the tertiary objective, he would instead find a bigger prize: the Archon in charge of the raiding party. Within mere moments, Jarrah had engaged and defeated the xenos warlord.

As Jarrah collected the skull of his defeated enemy as a trophy, the bodyguard Incubi struck to avenge their fallen master. Jarrah's last memories of the fight would be him falling with three poisoned blades in his midriff, while defiantly clutching the trophy in his grip.

Archived