E_E Reboot : Dark Angels 6th Edition Works

ellis_esquire

• 2 months later...

Holy applesauce!

That power fist is to die for. Seriously. How did you paint that? Many, many, many thin layers of blue and then white I'm guessing?

On another note, I remember your work from a while back and wouldn't mind seeing pictures of any rank-and-file models you've done recently (if you have any), please? :)

Amazing! Hard to believe it's a model and not some kind of 3d rendering for a computer game.

The detail is frankly amazeballs. You must stop breathing for a very long time when producing something as accurate as that.

Cheers

I

Holy applesauce!

That power fist is to die for. Seriously. How did you paint that? Many, many, many thin layers of blue and then white I'm guessing?

On another note, I remember your work from a while back and wouldn't mind seeing pictures of any rank-and-file models you've done recently (if you have any), please? smile.png

Hey guys thanks - I think your gonna love the deathwing squad im about 6 men deep!

The fist is quite agonising at first but im getting faster at it - I paint my deep red , then get Calder blue in all the places i want to have the glow - super thin - and work more and more white into the recesses until its literally just a FINE brush line of white - I then go in with baal red on the extremities of the fingers to bring back the reds - its really just a process of going back and forward then between shades of blue and reds in super thin quantities!

Yes I will have the Dark Vengeance tacticals up soon - they are 4 guys away from a full ten man so gimme a couple of weeks more.

I agree with Stobz - that's a great look you've got going and more convincing than many of the more 'lightning crackle-y'TM effects you see around (which I can't do either ;)).

Oh... my... gawd! The power fist really looks like it's glowing. It's almost a shame that it distracts the eye from seeing how wonderfully the rest of the model is shaded and highlighted.

Ok, I quit again. tongue.png Damn that is AWESOME.

I hear ya. This crosses my mind all the time with the amazing collection of painters we have on the DA forum, let alone the entire site.

Great work E_E... I'm getting inspired to pick it back up (haven't painted in like a year).

Your original Dark Angels were inspiring but your new work has surpassed it. The power effect on the fist is just staggering I can not wait to see more of your re-boot. Please keep them coming.

@Stobz - not long now Stobz - I might have to post up the 5 man sooner as i'm struggling with the tenth guy!

@Thanks Gillyfish - definitely wanted more glow and less fizzle lol - hinting at potentially ripping your head off rather than electrify!

@ Thanks Larhendiel - you know the freehand idea came inspired on this very forum? Look up VanSans old thread - with his permission of course!

@Cactus - Thanks for the crits cactus - yeah its always a tension - will the glow dominate or complimate msn-wink.gif

@EPK - shame on you - you were getting better all the time last i saw.

@JJD = awww - now you and y'all just making me blush - its been a more conceptual change - my roots in DA were very monochrome which is a fine style but have really pushed my use of colour this past year - Its been hard you know to change that - at least my ravenwing are coming up so i can go back to greys and blacks! Lol yay

• 5 weeks later...

I echo the above, that power effect on the fist is THE best I've seen.Freaken magic mate, can't wait to see the team :tu:

True story. I'm going to have to attempt to steal that, literally coolest power fist I've ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived