1st Company Captain equipment?

Somar

Hi folks,

I am soon starting work on a BA battle company with a ton of support and allies. For no good reason, just a long term project. Since that outfit will have about 4-5 units of the 1st company with it I thought it would be appropriate to have the captain come along for the ride. Not sure how to equip him though. Either I make up a counts as Lysander and have him drop pod with 10 stern guard (all counting as SM allies or I have him lead a vanguard squad with JP and all that. (they would loose their heroic intervention though)

So I am kinda open to suggestions, how would you folks field him?

Gondow - I believe the current C:SM has Drop pods with 12 capacity (an unfortunate typo that was allowed to stand) so Lysander and sternguard from C:SM would fit into a C:SM drop pod. 

Hadron - if you are talking utility then you dont take a BA captain... (unfortunately). If you're taking a Captain, nothing says 'Come get some!' like lightning claws.

hmm, nothing really rings my bell so far. i think i will stick with the Lysander, SG combo until the new dex comes out. might be a while but this is a long term project after all. i will just hold out for that captain in 2+ armor with JP, magnum melta pistol and BA relic of extreme, up close killyness :)

thanks for the input though, seems like captains are last to be picked after libbies and reclusiarchs.

I've been planning to do a First Company Captain as well for my Blood Angels.  I've thought about using the model and rules (Both with slight modifications) for the FW Legion Praetor in Cataphractii Terminator Armour.  Seeing as how the Blood Angels are a First Founding they probably still have some of the older stuff in the armoury.  Cataphractii Plate, Volkite Weapons, Paragon Blades, all would be lovingly maintained by a Chapter of artisans and craftsman.  That and that model is too pretty to pass up.

-Samirus

Not usually, no although the former tend to become the latter.

Dante is BA Chapter Master, the 1st Co. Captain is un-named.

Azreal is DA Chapter Master,  the 1st Co. Captain is un-named.

The IF's Chapter Master is un-named,  the 1st Co. Captain is Lysander.

Carab Culln was the Red Scorpion's 1st Co. Captain and was promoted to Chapter Master during the Badab War.

Not usually, no although the former tend to become the latter.

Dante is BA Chapter Master, the 1st Co. Captain is un-named.

Azreal is DA Chapter Master, the 1st Co. Captain is un-named.

The IF's Chapter Master is un-named, the 1st Co. Captain is Lysander.

Carab Culln was the Red Scorpion's 1st Co. Captain and was promoted to Chapter Master during the Badab War.

Karlaen is the BA first captain and Belial is the DA first captain as deathwing is the DA first company. Vladimir Pugh is the IF chapter master

Archived