3DJutsu - Rites of the Raven [Updated Aug09]

3DJutsu

Hey fellow Unforgiven, I've started a blog in an effort to keep me motivated to continue to 40k because it seems I have a tendancy to get lazy. So if it tickles your fancy then feel free to head on over to www.ritesoftheraven.blogspot.com and check out what I'm up to in regards to 40k.

Nothing but an introductory post but I'll have an update ready by Saturday. I've got a badass conversion that I'd love to showcase but working a 12hr shift and coming home to a pregnant wife and 3yr old leaves me pretty beat.

Like I said, I needs me some motivation. I'll be sure to post here when I update the blog.

Also if anyone has any helpful blogging tips and would like to share them that'd be great. See you around The Rock. Cheers.

Updated blog with conversions of Black Knight Huntmaster and Techmarine Biker. Feel free to comment either here or on my blog. Don't forget to subscribe for more cool updates!

d-(^_~)z

Ok, so I apologize for no update last Saturday. Had a tournament that I lost, here's a quick sitrep.

1850pts - 3 rounds - Annihilation, Seize Ground, Capture & Control, Linebreaker, First Blood, Slay the Warlord.

Round one saw me face off against a Dark Eldar Army with Baron whats-his-face. Lost the land raider turn one to a Dark Lance shot. Deathwing vehicle had him reroll his 6 into another 6 with a resulting 6in explosion radius (luckily I didn't lose anyone else). Ended up getting slay the Warlord because I charge the Baron and what was left of his beast pack after it was shot to crap with the 3 bikes squads (one of Black Knights) that had him surrounded. Still lost the game thanks to the rest of his Wyches and his two fliers.

Round two pitted me against the Scions of Titan. He fielded Draigo, two Termie squads, a Stormraven, two Dreadknights, and a Rifleman dread. Everyone had Psybolt ammo upgrades (or whatever the one is that gives +1S to their shooting). I had a massive advantage, plenty of open terrain, WAY more maneuverable than him... AND I STILL LOST. Gave up first blood when he put a wound on one of my attack bikes and I failed a dangerous terrain next turn along with the armor save. Only thing he had left on the damn board was Draigo, one Termie, and his Stormraven. AND I STILL LOST (by 4 points, THANKS DANGEROUS TERRAIN), what the hell man? What the hell. =(

And round three saw me put up against one of two people I was hoping to NOT be up against. And that was a Chaos player with dual Helldrakes (the other was a Tau player that ended up winning the tournament). Lost this one the worst. He had 11 KP off of me and I had, wait for it. 0, thats right, zero KP. I got decimated.

A lot of my faults were well and truly my own, piss poor deployment and worse tactical decisions being the most prominent. It didn't help that I rolled like crap the whole game though (when a full squad Dakka Poles at something and I only wound once, clearly I've offended some higher power).

Regardless here's what I ran for those that are curious.

Sammael on Corvex

Lv1 Librarian on Bike with Force Axe, PFG, and I think an Auspex

RWCS x5 w/ GL, Dakka Pole, Apothecary, and a Champion (5pts for precision shots? Why not)

3 RAS w/ MMAB (x4 Melta guns total and 2 plasma guns)

Darkshroud

Venerable Rifleman Dreadnought

Deathwing Crusader w/ MM

Came out to about 1850 on the dot iirc.

Had planned to not have the Crusader in there, instead having the Libby (w/ Infravisor instead of Auspex) on foot babysitting a 7man flakk launcher Devastator Squad in an ADL. But the models were not yet complete. All in all not a horrific tournament, I learned a lot (like when there's only terrain in one crappy corner of my deployment zone, I should probably set some bikes in reserve and not cram everything into my corner and out of LOS) and I'll be ready for the next one. I've got a 1250 4 rounder coming up as well as a 1000pt per player 2v2 soon after.

Made progress on the army, bikes are all assembled and primed, tested one of my paints tonight. Got the old GW case 'o paint back in '09 so I popped some thinner in a pot to see if it works and it turns out that a $9 investment in some X-20A  paint thinner will be saving my (what was it, $250 or something like that?) massive investment in paint.

I'll hopefully have more to post come this Saturday. Maybe even another sitrep if I head to the shop. But Army progress should speed up a bit in the next three weeks since I start leave on Monday. On Tuesday my new baby boy will be born and I'll not be at work, thus resulting in a direct increase in army production... I hope. Still have a post-op wife and 3yr old toddler to care for.

Cheers.

Archived