Raven Guard Captain, 'Counts-As' Kayvaan Shrike

araekyus

Hey all. Long time no post heh. Still here lurking and thought I'd uncloak and share my finished 'Shrike' model. Some may have seen this many moons ago in its WIP phase. Was meant to be for Revilers, but my friend (whom this was painted for) changed to RG. Just finished him today finally hehe.

Hope you all enjoy. As always, C&C welcome smile.png

Beautiful paintjob with very subtle highlights. Excellent job, man.

While the paint job is lovely, I can't get passed the oversized arms confused.gif

Today: Liberate the planet from Ork Waaagh.

Tomorrow: Cut the grass without bending over.

...Failing to see a problem there.

Beautiful paintjob with very subtle highlights. Excellent job, man.

While the paint job is lovely, I can't get passed the oversized arms confused.gif

Today: Liberate the planet from Ork Waaagh.

Tomorrow: Cut the grass without bending over.

...Failing to see a problem there.

All good points.

It is an awesome paintjob though.

Very nice pause (+1 to Firepower for the arms size though), construction and painting job !!!

Any chance we could grab the recipe of this shady and smooth black colour ?

Some blazing heat effect in the reactor holes would bring the perfect touch.

Glad you like it smile.png

Oddly enough i did actually attempt to put some heat strain on the engine ports, but the highlights kind of covered most of it up. I may go back and touch it up some.

As for the black recipe:

Tamiaya Light Grey Fine primer, Adikolor Despair Black base, highlights built up with Reaper HD Military grey, Concrete grey, GW Astronomicon grey, GW White Scar (for edging) . Used a wet palette and a wet blend on the model. Kind of a milky glaze daubed on with down strokes depending the on the angles and edges. Curved surfaces always gave me trouble and i found that this is the best way to do it. Same technique was done with the whites as well. Once the Dullcote was put on, it helped to meld it all together. Also, no washes were used.

The Adikolor paint isn't found anywhere anymore really, but you can sub in a black that sits flat when dry, or a black with a good amount of matte medium added to it.

On the engine, you could heat-"peel" the black colour of the mouth of the reactor and use some bare metal effect with shades of orange inks (or tamiya orange smoke) and blue ink to re-create a heat effect (the one we see on bike chrome exhausts if you see what I mean) and a pale whiteish blue for the insides of the reactor. Would bring a nice finishing touch to that nice mini.

Thx for the black recipe, with such an impressive result, I feared a rather complex answer to be honest thanks.gif .

Cheerz !

Archived