Libarian with mace and force sword?

DA player

Hey i was just wondering if it was actually possible to have a terminator libarian with a mace of redemption and force sword...

The reason why im asking is because it could be really use full against a lot of foes such as CSM, Tyranids. i play against both so i consideret it in my list but im not really sure that you can just switch my bolt pistol and put the mace there instead.

so here is the list im thinking of:

HQ: Belial 190 pt. Terminator libarian with lvl 2 mastery, force sword and mace of redemption 160 pt.

hq: deathwing command squad one with assault cannon, 3 lightning claws and 1 apothecary with a company banner 315 pt.

heavy support: one vindicator 125

elite: deathwing knights 235 pt. venerable dreadnought with assault cannon and heavy flamer instead of the storm bolter and extra armour 165

troops: 2 deathwing termi squads. one with assault cannon 240 pt. the other squad has 5 TH/SS and one Cyclone missile launcher 270 pt.

total 1750

for 2000 pt games i just take a land raider redeemer

if any one can answer this i would be happy, and give your own ideas of a list

Yes you can switch your storm bolter for the mace.

As to your troop load out, the apothecary and company banner would be in a command squad which would be an HQ choice that doesn't take up a slot. Which means they cannot score.

Elphilo is spot on.  ANY weapon can be replaced to get the Mace onto your guy.  Would be giving up the shooting attacks, but since he's wielding two CCW, he should get the +1 attack in CC (which isn't bad).

Paul

Yes you can switch your storm bolter for the mace.

As to your troop load out, the apothecary and company banner would be in a command squad which would be an HQ choice that doesn't take up a slot. Which means they cannot score.

thank you for the quick response. I mostly friendly matches against some of my friends so i dont really need scoring units. (annihilation)thanks.gif

Elphilo is spot on.  ANY weapon can be replaced to get the Mace onto your guy.  Would be giving up the shooting attacks, but since he's wielding two CCW, he should get the +1 attack in CC (which isn't bad).

Paul

since he's a psyker i dont really need shooty weapons. and do you choose between your close combat weapons or can you say FX 1 dice goes to force and the other 2 is the mace?

since he's a psyker i dont really need shooty weapons. and do you choose between your close combat weapons or can you say FX 1 dice goes to force and the other 2 is the mace?

The mace cannot be used as a force weapon unfortunately.

DM

i know that it cant be used as a force weapon but is it still possible to split the attacks into different weapons?

I think you have to choose which weapon you're using for that particular combat, so no splitting of attacks. May be wrong, though...

You're right. Bottom left paragraph on page 51. Choose one weapon and go with it.

I think you have to choose which weapon you're using for that particular combat, so no splitting of attacks. May be wrong, though...

You're right. Bottom left paragraph on page 51. Choose one weapon and go with it.

many thanks for answering my question

I wouldn't go force sword if you're bringing the Mace of Redemption. I'd probably do a force axe instead, seeing as the mace of redemption is already AP3 not counting Bane of the Traitor. It gives you an AP2 weapon in the very likely case you're fighting someone's not-so-chaos army. The only time your force sword would see use is purely if you ran into a multi-wound character that wasn't also rolling with 2+ armor in the hopes you could instant death it.

Hell, I think I might try to kit this up. I've been meaning for awhile to kitbash a librarian in terminator armor as well as one on a bike, mostly for the kitbashing challenges involved. This seems to me like it'd be a fairly good build. Only downside is you're pigeonholing yourself into attempting to get a witchfire power for ranged attack. Typically I dislike witchfire powers because they are unreliable whereas blessings and maledictions seem to be much more devastating.

I wouldn't go force sword if you're bringing the Mace of Redemption. I'd probably do a force axe instead, seeing as the mace of redemption is already AP3 not counting Bane of the Traitor. It gives you an AP2 weapon in the very likely case you're fighting someone's not-so-chaos army. The only time your force sword would see use is purely if you ran into a multi-wound character that wasn't also rolling with 2+ armor in the hopes you could instant death it.

Hell, I think I might try to kit this up. I've been meaning for awhile to kitbash a librarian in terminator armor as well as one on a bike, mostly for the kitbashing challenges involved. This seems to me like it'd be a fairly good build. Only downside is you're pigeonholing yourself into attempting to get a witchfire power for ranged attack. Typically I dislike witchfire powers because they are unreliable whereas blessings and maledictions seem to be much more devastating.

well its only if you wanted to be able to fire you have to get witchfire. i think prescience and phychicshriek would be fairly good ones since you dont have to roll.

I'm a big fan of prescience. It makes taking a Land Speeder Vengeance worth it as it essentially removes it's biggest downside, which is Gets Hot. It's still overcosted for what it does, but it makes it a lot more usable. I usually roll double divination on my power armored Librarian because every time I roll on the other tables I have to primaris out because I get something awful, and my luck with psychic shriek is not so great.

I still feel like Pyromancy would be a good fit for this guy. The goal would be rolling Fiery Form. Would make him godmode; strength freakin' 9 while wielding the mace? Totes McBrokes. Fire shield is fairly good for terminator units as they tend to be in the thick of the action and get charged a lot AND it'd give you a slightly better save against plasma weaponry, Inferno and Spontaneous Combustion (or even Flame Breath) are all fairly solid attacks (I personally have had better luck with them than psychic shriek), Sunburst fits a melee oriented guy pretty excellently and it's hard to argue against Molten Beam, because psychic melta gun attack is fun.

It's not like you have to declare both psychic rolls. From my interpretation of the rules, you are actually supposed to roll them one at a time, determining at the time of roll which table it's on. Allows you to risk your first roll on a table where there's a power you really really want and leave your second as the fallback to something you know has a good primaris power.

I'm a big fan of prescience. It makes taking a Land Speeder Vengeance worth it as it essentially removes it's biggest downside, which is Gets Hot. It's still overcosted for what it does, but it makes it a lot more usable. I usually roll double divination on my power armored Librarian because every time I roll on the other tables I have to primaris out because I get something awful, and my luck with psychic shriek is not so great.

I still feel like Pyromancy would be a good fit for this guy. The goal would be rolling Fiery Form. Would make him godmode; strength freakin' 9 while wielding the mace? Totes McBrokes. Fire shield is fairly good for terminator units as they tend to be in the thick of the action and get charged a lot AND it'd give you a slightly better save against plasma weaponry, Inferno and Spontaneous Combustion (or even Flame Breath) are all fairly solid attacks (I personally have had better luck with them than psychic shriek), Sunburst fits a melee oriented guy pretty excellently and it's hard to argue against Molten Beam, because psychic melta gun attack is fun.

It's not like you have to declare both psychic rolls. From my interpretation of the rules, you are actually supposed to roll them one at a time, determining at the time of roll which table it's on. Allows you to risk your first roll on a table where there's a power you really really want and leave your second as the fallback to something you know has a good primaris power.

when i said you didnt have to roll was because they are primaris powers

Archived