Fighting the Shifting Sands....

Currently, I have not figured out which color scheme I want to go with. Being that this an open to interpretation of a chapter that had a very, very brief introduction in the White Dwarf and nothing was spoken of them since.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Desert_Lions#.UgbaSZK1HEZ

Option 1:

sm.php?b62c=@hQ8MC_iakk7.hXbsb@@@@@@@_@_@@__@@@@@@@@@@@@.@.@@@@@@@@@@_hyvFn@@@@@@@@@@@@@__&

I'm liking this way because I have done a lot of Afika Korp modelling and painting, but I want to break free from the usual norm of desert=sand colors

Option 2:

sm.php?b62c=@hzOfe_hyvFn.i8khi@@@@@@@ia3h6@_@@..@@@@@@@@@@@@iaj2F@iaj2F@@@@@@@@@@__@@@@@@@@@@@@@_iakk7&

Lions are used normally in heraldry crests and the like, so I opted for a rather noble color in this one.

Once I get a color scheme idea, I will post pictures of test models.

Hmm, the brief thing makes me more inclined to second the top color scheme, as they seem a more practical chapter.
If you do want to use purple as a mark of Nobility, what about using it as a rank or veteran marking, like the Ultramarines use red helmets? So your Basic marines might have no Purple, Sgts and vets might have certain stripes, then The captains might have Purple helmets and such.

Archived