So, if BL chosen are troops...

Sception

Or, as per the hypothetical premise of this thread, cultists, chaos marines, and troop cult squads.

I like Jeske's 6 chosen with three plasma in a rhino squad.  Might have to try a couple of those.

I'm sure he actually put a lot of thought into the numbers there. More so than I'd care to imagine.

Well, for those who take MoK CSM with übergrit and VotLW, I guess Chosen would be a tiny bit better. Just a few points more, but with access to more special weapons, better LD on the basic grunts, more attacks after the assault, but loss of counter-charge.

I guess that's the thing, very few people take CSM with MoK AND übergrit AND VotLW, because it is obviously just too much piled onto basic dudes. Chosen are that unit in a ready package, with a slight point increase (just to make them less appealing I guess?).

However, what they do give us is a unit outside of PM who don't lose anything from being a retinue for a HQ whilst still fitting in a transport. 9 Chosen can still have as many special weapons as 10, whilst 9 CSM can only take 1 instead of 2 (which is a huge difference).

Something that you all may be missing, is that with Chosen, you can take 5 1/2 plasmas by adding a 6th man. The half due to the champion taking a combi. Pointed to nurgle as I've described 223 with the vets rule. Why take power weapons when I can cause wounds against troops on a 2+ in shooting?

Archived