Scouts and Scout Bikes

Jostal

I like the look of scouts and the scout bikes, but im wondering how they perform before I go out and buy some.

Does anyone have some suggestions? Wisdom from Battles played?

I picture a mixture of Baal predators, scouts and some scout bikes being a pretty good combo.

As someone who has five sniper scouts, sitting unpainted for almost a year, I'm unsure what I can contribute...

Save that I've never been able to find a 100-point hole for them in a list at 1000, 1500 or 1750.

Scout bikers are pretty neat if you have a use for them. Not terribly priced and very fexible thanks to the plethora of USRs you get. I've used a trio of them a couple of times.

I find them most useful for target saturation and mindgames. Make them something the opponent has to deal with and don't worry if they bite it. Never make them a lynchpin unit, they are way too fragile for that. Don't bother with any homing beacons or buffing up the squad to gain numbers.

I'd recommend this:

Minimum squad size

(cheap, easier to plant in a blind spot inside the opponents deployment zone or table half)

Double up on the astartes launchers

(they probably won't do much but the opponent will be unwilling to risk S6 fire on rear and side AV)

Give the sergeant a Melta Bomb

( 5 pts is a steal to make this unit a serious threat to any AV as well as being able do some damage should they be ignored)

Take the mines

(another steal considering you can play mindgames or influence your opponents deployment. Can also be used to mine a home objective you suspect he will try to grab late game. On average you will do a hull point of damage or kill one MEQ, not much but worth it.)

A lot of utility for 100 odd points!

Admittedly not much in the way of killing power but only a few other units can have the same kind of impact on your opponents deployment. And that's worth a lot in my book. msn-wink.gif

Archived