Plasma Talons, Gets Hot!, and Landspeeders

3DJutsu

Ok so, I'm in the process of making a 2000pt Pure Ravenwing list and I have 6 speeders. I'll have a RSS of 3 HB Typhoons and was thinking of making the other RSS a trio of AC Tornadoes when then I had the following idea. 

RAS w/ FL and HF/HF Speeder

RAS w/ MG and MM/MM Speeder

RAS w/ PG and HB/AC or MM/AC

Trying to find a configuration other than Typhoon to run. What do your speeders run with?

Also I just wanted to clarify that since it states in the rule book that I only suffer a wound when my re-roll also turns up a one that I will not suffer a wound if I roll a one because I'm, for instance, making snap shots against a flyer. Is that correct?

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up. Now onwards to Land Speeder configurations!

I'm thinking the two 3 speeder squads might be a good idea. Get prescience on one or both and start deleting units off the board. As well as not giving up first blood as easily.

But the specialized configurations will bolster the roles of each squad. (I.e. anti-horde, tank, heavy infantry).

You have to roll a one then a one...  

If you roll a five (snapshot needing a 6) then roll a one, No wound.

If you roll a one and then a 6, (or anything else not a one) no wound.

Do you have a source for this? I don't have my rulebook to hand but I was under the impression that if your re-roll comes up as a one then you suffer Gets Hot! regardless of what the original roll was........

the rulebook states about gets hot and re-rolls that a wound is only sufered if the to hit re-roll is also a 1, implying a 1 / 1 to get a gets hot.

i.e. a 4 / 1 would not get hot. if its intentional or tipical gw poor wording remains to be seen

i have to admit that i have not read this with any attention, so i have been going about it in normal re-roll fashion, as in the last roll counts so a 1 in the re-roll would get hot. maybe i have been doing it wrong

Just checked the Gets Hot USR - specifically states that the reroll must also be a 1, so Aradriel is correct it is a 1/1 roll, rather than just the 2nd roll being a 1 .... I've been doing it wrong all this time!

Just checked the Gets Hot USR - specifically states that the reroll must also be a 1, so Aradriel is correct it is a 1/1 roll, rather than just the 2nd roll being a 1 .... I've been doing it wrong all this time!

I think that you are just miss understanding what they are trying to say. When you re-roll a dice then the first one that you roll is discarded no matter what you roll and the re-roll must be also be a 1 for the weapon to get hot. So a 1 followed by a 1 or a 2 followed by a 1 in both of those cases the weapon still gets hot. However if you roll a 1 followed by a 2 or a 2 followed by a 2 ini either of these cases the weapon does not get hot.

you are probably right, but the rule states specificly "if your second roll is also a 1"

i have been doing it the way you say, if the re-roll is a 1 then the weapons gets hot, but the rulling is not perfectly clear and we end up in a argument of RAW and RAI

I think that you are just miss understanding what they are trying to say.
edited due to me writing drivel ;)

I think that you are just miss understanding what they are trying to say. When you re-roll a dice then the first one that you roll is discarded no matter what you roll and the re-roll must be also be a 1 for the weapon to get hot. So a 1 followed by a 1 or a 2 followed by a 1 in both of those cases the weapon still gets hot. However if you roll a 1 followed by a 2 or a 2 followed by a 2 ini either of these cases the weapon does not get hot.

Then why doesnt it say "The final roll shall stand even if it is a worse result" like all the other re-rolls that can do bad things...

Then why doesnt it say "The final roll shall stand even if it is a worse result" like all the other re-rolls that can do bad things...

I can honestly say that when reading through the rule I can see it both ways and that this is firmly in the area of RAW Vs. RAI. With that being said I do have to say that I believe it was written that way so that a person could not say, "You just rolled 2 ones so you have 2 wounds that you have to save for and not just one.". If in your gaming group they will go with you on that then I would say go for it.

the rulebook states about gets hot and re-rolls that a wound is only sufered if the to hit re-roll is also a 1, implying a 1 / 1 to get a gets hot.

i.e. a 4 / 1 would not get hot. if its intentional or tipical gw poor wording remains to be seen

i have to admit that i have not read this with any attention, so i have been going about it in normal re-roll fashion, as in the last roll counts so a 1 in the re-roll would get hot. maybe i have been doing it wrong

Ok, that's fair enough, all I needed to know. I agree with those who say it becomes a RAI vs. RAW issue, and I'm not interested in going into yet another one of those! wallbash.gif

Thanks for the info!

Archived