Will we get a DA faq when new C:SM is released?

Diavlo

I wonder if we get new FAQ when SM hits shelves.

That's an interesting question isn't it? I guess that depends on what's in the 6th C:SM that renders ours update-worthy. Our book is already 6th Edition but I remember when the 4th Edition C:SM came out a lot of stuff for us was faq'd in our then current 3rd Edition Codex to follow the C:SM. I can't see anything really drastic happening - but hopefully might gain a few of the newer units and weapons maybe, who knows the mind of GWs game designers - but wouldn't hold my breath on it.

Cheers

I

Maybe we should start Frequently Asking them Questions we want to know:

"Shouldn't the Nephilim Jetfighter's missiles be higher than strength 6, given that they are bigger than a entire Cyclone Missile Launcher? Don't you feel it should be reduced by 50pts?"

Not sure what you mean. Why would DA get a FAQ? I mean we have our own codex.

What do we have to do with the SM codex? We are a separate codex. 

The day we need a FAQ to bring us in line with the SM codex is the day we need to

Squat the DA codex and just go into the SM codex, become a supplemental book

and that is it.

I know we all have different opinions, but this is mine. We are a separate book so 

things need to be different for good or bad. 

The day we need a FAQ to bring us in line with the SM codex is the day we need to

and that is it.

I know we all have different opinions, but this is mine. We are a separate book so 

Just because we didn't get one in a long time and the last one broken more than fixed.

and that is it.

Just because we didn't get one in a long time and the last one broken more than fixed.

How about Tyranids? The FAQ really faqed them up at one time. Always be carefull what you ask for, or you can be faqed just like Nids got at one time. :P

It was nice having FAQ's coming out, I am surprised that they have stopped. I wonder why the fast release of FAQs, or why they stopped and seem like they have gone to their old pattern of FAQs. 

It was nice having FAQ's coming out, I am surprised that they have stopped. I wonder why the fast release of FAQs, or why they stopped and seem like they have gone to their old pattern of FAQs.

They've stopped because the work experience kid had to go back to school.

It's unlikely we will get ANYTHING from the new marine codex. Why would they pay someone to give it to us when they can force us to pay $50+ for another book and take them as allies? That's basically why the allies system was added in the first place.

It's unlikely we will get ANYTHING from the new marine codex. Why would they pay someone to give it to us when they can force us to pay $50+ for another book and take them as allies? That's basically why the allies system was added in the first place.

Not totally the allies system was made to encourage people when they start a 2nd army.

That way they don't have to wait for ages (and then have more chances to lose motivation) to play big battles.

But as an answer to the OP : actually only GW has the answer to this question. But I doubt we get anything from the SM codex (except grav guns maybe but I can live without)

I'm in agreement with those who are suggesting that what we actually need is an Errata rather than an addition of new units into our codex. I personally don't want all of the new Space Marine toys, or any of the old ones for that matter. If I did, I'd play as Space Marines........

Would I like to see some perceived issues with our codex dealt with? Yes.

Will I be holding my breath for them? Nooooooooooo.

For that matter, do I believe the release of Codex: Space Marines should, in any way, influence if/when we get an Errata? Again, no.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/JeffJedi/Asmodai_zps0c05d61a.png

Q: "Who is responsible for changing the Deathwing Sergeant's Wargear options?"

A: "It.. it was only.. to clarify that a model with a CMS could take TH & SS or Lightning Claws"

Q: "LIES!! It clearly states that 'Any Model may swap his Storm Bolter and Power Fist for one of the following options."

A: "That's.. that's right."

Q:"The Sergeant has no Powerfist! REPENT!!! REPENT!!!"

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/JeffJedi/Asmodai_zps0c05d61a.png

Q: "Who is responsible for changing the Deathwing Sergeant's Wargear options?"

A: "It.. it was only.. to clarify that a model with a CMS could take TH & SS or Lightning Claws"

Q: "LIES!! It clearly states that 'Any Model may swap his Storm Bolter and Power Fist for one of the following options."

A: "That's.. that's right."

Q:"The Sergeant has no Powerfist! REPENT!!! REPENT!!!"

You illuminate my day with this one! :lol:

Archived