Will we get a DA faq when new C:SM is released?

Diavlo

:D Very good Jeff.

I can't see why we would get a FAQ - it sounds very much like the Codex marine tactical squads are being brought in line with ours and I'd expect the same for other squads we have in common.

There are some things that need to be tidied up with our book, but I'm not sure why the marine Codex would prompt a change.

biggrin.png Very good Jeff.

I can't see why we would get a FAQ - it sounds very much like the Codex marine tactical squads are being brought in line with ours and I'd expect the same for other squads we have in common.

There are some things that need to be tidied up with our book, but I'm not sure why the marine Codex would prompt a change.

I think we get a FAQ not to bring us in line with SM, but because they usually put FAQs out everytime a new codex is out.

Maybe we should start Frequently Asking them Questions we want to know:

"Shouldn't the Nephilim Jetfighter's missiles be higher than strength 6, given that they are bigger than a entire Cyclone Missile Launcher? Don't you feel it should be reduced by 50pts?"

By the Emperor do NOT ask this!

GW will fix it by reducing the cyclone for DA only down to STR 2....!

I wonder if we get new FAQ when SM hits shelves.

I have to say that I was sort of disappointed by the "lack" of exotic and unique weaponry hidden in the Rock's gloomy vaults so the FAQ might just expand what our terrifying armory holds......

Or they could put that in an Unforgiven supplement...... Consecrator relics anyone? 2nd company Masters who don't have to ride a jetbike? I could go on...... msn-wink.gif

access to Storm Talons and i'd be happy

argh!! sweet mercifull Emperor!!! no no no, pretty please with sugar on top, just no laugh.png

Heh, I'd rather have a decent anti-air tank instead.

Or they could put that in an Unforgiven supplement...... Consecrator

relics anyone? 2nd company Masters who don't have to ride a jetbike? I

could go on......

A decent anti-air option? sweat.gif

We still don't know what grav weapons do. We've got rumors, but rumors only.

Also, yes, the next round of Errata/FAQ questions will come out probably a week after the new codex drops. It's happened for every 6e Codex drop so far for every codex (more or less.)

I guarantee we won't be getting any units or wargear not currently listed in the codex. That doesn't happen in Errata. They might do that as a supplemental rule added in a White Dwarf as they used to do in ages past so we can hold out hope for that, I guess.

Honestly things I think need to happen to bring models in line with their costs:

Land Speeder Vengeance default needs twin-linked on it's Plasma Storm Battery. Just look at the model. Everything else in this entire game, when one weapon is represented by having 2 fire points, it's twin-linked. I've ran a librarian with my LSV several times and drop presceicne on it which single handedly makes it feel like it's worth the force org slot. If not that, drop it's point cost by about 40 points. If not that, up the armor value to 11 bare minimum OR add a hull point (or both) so it can at least not get glanced to death by either gets hot or by bolter fire.

Nephilim Jetfighter needs to be brought in line points-value wise with other flyers in this edition, or be given armor 12, or be given two seperate lascannons rather than a twin-linked lascannon. Blacksword missiles are also garbage and need a buff. They should bare minimum be in line with Flakk missiles. Perhaps give them special rules to make them better against flyers. :cuss, add Melta to them for all I care, just make them a viable weapon.

Terminator sergeants need to not suck. If it wasn't for the fact it says "Any model may replace all weapons with" so you can load him out with a Thunderhammer/Stormshield or Wolverine claws, the CHARACTER would be the WORST model in the unit.

Rather than regular space marine bikes, let librarians and interrogator-chaplains ride Black Knight bikes. Or make it so that's a possible wargear option. I made my own kitbashed IC and the people at my game store won't let me field him because he's not "WYSIWYG" because I gave his bike one of the extra plasma talons I had hanging around because I think it looks cool.

Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, August 23, 2013 - language
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, August 23, 2013 - language

Or maybe add somewhere in the official rules "Don't be a git." Considering how nazi-like people are with interpreting the rules, I think this would go a long way toward making the WH40k experience better.

Bbut then you'd get the rules lawyers arguing RAW vs RAI as to whether it meant a metaphorical dick, or an actual real/counts-as dick.... or maybe you could proxy one, and that's a whole different kettle of fish.....whistlingW.gif

Give me the Hunter/Stalker and I'll be a happy man, but only if they don't fix the Nephilim, and I'd also like us to get grav weapons. Mind you, that last one is only out of a sense of pedantic completeness.

To be honest, I don't want the Grav-Guns and I REALLY don't want AA tanks. The Nephilim is supposed to be an air superiority fighter; like you said, GW should just tweak it slightly.

Give me the Hunter/Stalker and I'll be a happy man, but only if they don't fix the Nephilim, and I'd also like us to get grav weapons. Mind you, that last one is only out of a sense of pedantic completeness.

To be honest, I don't want the Grav-Guns and I REALLY don't want AA tanks. The Nephilim is supposed to be an air superiority fighter; like you said, GW should just tweak it slightly.

I'm actually thinking of using the Neph as a Storm Talon if they don't FAQ it - with a bit of judicious magnetising I can get all the correct weapon options - and so long as the Biker Captain rule is not just for a Primary Detachment, I can take a bike squad as the mandatory Allied troop choice and still run with the Ravenwing theme across both detachments.....

either that or use an allied scout squad.... as the new C:SM scouts can take teleport homers....

Give the Neph rending on the mega bolter problem solved!

Mega-bolters are already a thing other vehicles have and if they gave rending to IT as opposed to making it so the Nephilim Jetfighter has special ammo for it (which is something they probably won't do in an errata), so maybe not. BUT, Blacksword missiles, those are only on the Neph. Giving that rending would help it not be a giant joke of a weapon.

Ah the last FAQ are dated April, and some even January. So I don't think it has happened for every 6e codex. Eldar got a FAQ a week before the book was released though :P

Also, yes, the next round of Errata/FAQ questions will come out probably a week after the new codex drops. It's happened for every 6e Codex drop so far for every codex (more or less.)

GW might add graviton weapons to the DA list (and the BA and SW list), just because it comes in the Tactical Squad box (which everyone, including the DA, uses), but other than that don't expect anything else to be added.

Annoying enough now you cannot buy an Assault Terminator Squad and use it as Deathwing because the Sgt lacks a SB and PF.

That's one of the reasons the DA upgrade spruce has a terminator SB and Power Sword!

Edit - spruce? Larch? Giant Redwood? ;)

Black sword missiles could be fixed with one word. Add ”Armorbane” and now the nefailim won't suck or be broken.

FTFY. Adding armour bane to the missiles would be terribly broken. Considering that no ranged weapon has armor bane at the moment. Now that could all change with the SM release and if it does I'll be right there with you adding armor bane to the Black Sword Missiles. 

Annoying enough now you cannot buy an Assault Terminator Squad and use it as Deathwing because the Sgt lacks a SB and PF.

That's one of the reasons the DA upgrade spruce has a terminator SB and Power Sword!

Edit - spruce? Larch? Giant Redwood? msn-wink.gif

Those be Belial's weapons... before Belial had to go pee...

According to rumors... The AA tant Hunter has a special rule called smart lock or something like that... if you miss with the target you put a token near the flyer... In the following turn if the target is still on the board and it's not destroyed you throw 1d6, with 5+ you hit the target (this means that in the second turn you could hit the target with 2 missiles)...

Now look at what we had on the Nephilim stats before the first FAQ... Missile lock... OMG GW stole the nephilim ability to give to vanilla... And i guess its missile were armourbane too... But they forgot to ammend the point value according to the nerfing... :(

I hate GW for needing a FAQ to fix the DW sgt issue (and the flyers, LSV and blade of caliban too) cause i can only imagine the damage they can do to us to fix just one thing... Last time they fixed RWCS but nerfed the DW sgt and PFG (OK they gave Asmodai a bolt pistol but nobody will field Asmodai anyway) this time what they will nerf to fix the DWT sgt??? I accept suggestions...  ;)

++RANT AHEAD++

Those of you wanting ANYTHING from Codex: Space Marines, you may as well stop using the Dark Angels' codex and use C:Sm instead. We all spent many months fearing we'd be rolled into C:SM and now you are asking for just that? I am sorry but it grinds my gears. We got our own codex for a reason. We don't need anything from C:SM, period just as they don't need our unique units. What we need, as stated above, are fixes to issues within our codex and perhaps a Consecrators supplement with Chaplain Dreadnoughts and a Company Master that makes Company Veterans Troops (or scoring).

Again I am sorry if I come across as harsh but after spending several years having numbers of people tell me my favourite army doesn't deserve it's own codex it rather upsets me to see dark angel players asking for things from the vanilla codex.

Archived