Will we get a DA faq when new C:SM is released?

Diavlo

I fully plan on buying Codex: Space Marines and simply utilize the expanded force org of it when I run other Dark Angels as if they were from some other chapter for gameplay purposes.

Because I can. Because the rules allow it. Because it fits the fluff. Because Warhammer as a game is inherently an awful game from a competitive side. I am going to do what makes it fun.

I just wish there were other people around here who thought the same as me. I have one friend who's into making things scenematic and epic rather than GATTA WIN NAO type games, and we have a blast fielding fluffy lists. It's a shame that the game took over the hobby, rather than the game simply being an excuse for the hobby.

im with you on this srsface. i plan all my armies (both 40K and fantasy) with fun in mind. i only include units that "feel" right (as in they fit the fluff and feel like they should be included). i really dont care if there powerful or not or even if i win or not. i play to have fun. it feels that the hobby has started to go towards the "power gamer" side as in they wn at all costs rather then the hobby players (like myself and brother) who play to enjoy ourselves and who wins is second consideration.

I just wish there were other people around here who thought the same as me. I have one friend who's into making things scenematic and epic rather than GATTA WIN NAO type games, and we have a blast fielding fluffy lists. It's a shame that the game took over the hobby, rather than the game simply being an excuse for the hobby.

Nice judgement on the community there.  People ought to be welling over with love for you.

Derp. I meant around here as in around where I live, not around Bolter and Chainsword. :) Sorry for the confusion. Should have made that more clear. People here have been great.

Actually, it's worse than that. At least you can cut up a terminator plasma cannon and use it in a Tactical/Devastator/Sternguard squad! You can't do that with a grav gun because no unit in our codex can use it.

Damn you're right...

I think we also need to play BA and SW units on our army because each time I buy a DP I got BA symbol I cannot use!

I WANT to be allowed to play those symbols because they ARE in the box I bought!

tongue.png

You can if you really want to. Iconography doesn't change the rules and equipment of the model. Weapons do. The Drop Pod in your codex is the same as the one that you buy off the shelf. The chapter iconography has no bearing whatsoever on the rules and you can use them in any way that you like. It is not the same as Graviton weapons in a Tactical Squad. A more accurate comparison would be if the only C:SM could use Deathwind Launchers.

Wait what was that? Icons don't change the rules?

So why did BA symbols on a rhino made it a fast tank?

And why did UM symbols on a DP make it carry 12 models instead of 10?

They were after all the same models that everyone else had.

Nice judgement on the community there. People ought to be welling over with love for you.

Derp. I meant around here as in around where I live, not around Bolter and Chainsword. smile.png Sorry for the confusion. Should have made that more clear. People here have been great.

Well, that is much better for you here, but sucks for you locally. You might try organizing and running a campaign locally where you emphasize what you enjoy about playing games. That might bring a few more like-minded folks out of the woodwork. You never know. ;)

~sniff~ ~wipes a tear~

FOR THE LION!!!

If you can't win with C: DA, perhaps you aren't a Son of The Lion? (yes, this is also directed at those who played DA [...] or allied in GKTs)

Errr, shhhh. Allying GKTs – that might've been me whistlingW.gif

I know ;)

We already have a model captain thats unique to our armies, though. Don't see why Codex guys shouldn't get a nameless HQ guy unique to their armies.

I am disappointed at the way that model is assembled, though. Conversions are basically out of the question.

Actually, it's worse than that. At least you can cut up a terminator plasma cannon and use it in a Tactical/Devastator/Sternguard squad! You can't do that with a grav gun because no unit in our codex can use it.

Damn you're right...

I think we also need to play BA and SW units on our army because each time I buy a DP I got BA symbol I cannot use!

I WANT to be allowed to play those symbols because they ARE in the box I bought!

tongue.png

You can if you really want to. Iconography doesn't change the rules and equipment of the model. Weapons do. The Drop Pod in your codex is the same as the one that you buy off the shelf. The chapter iconography has no bearing whatsoever on the rules and you can use them in any way that you like. It is not the same as Graviton weapons in a Tactical Squad. A more accurate comparison would be if the only C:SM could use Deathwind Launchers.

Wait what was that? Icons don't change the rules?

So why did BA symbols on a rhino made it a fast tank?

And why did UM symbols on a DP make it carry 12 models instead of 10?

They were after all the same models that everyone else had.

You understand the difference between gluing on an aesthetic bit with no rules, and using the rules from a different codex, right?

And again..  So?  You are making a huge deal out of nothing....    We knew it was getting a re-cut, we knew the price was going up.  It went up $2.75  It is worth it just for the new armor mks and the combi bolter bits.

We either get it in an errata or we dont...  Your angst is all for nought.  Dont buy the box if you dont want extra bits.

And again..  So?  You are making a huge deal out of nothing....    We knew it was getting a re-cut, we knew the price was going up.  It went up $2.75  It is worth it just for the new armor mks and the combi bolter bits.

We either get it in an errata or we dont...  Your angst is all for nought.

I'm pretty sure we will.  It's not angst, it's being rational.

Had this discussion with my friend tonight. We are both DA players and not Space Marine. I found it very funny to see the Storm Raven in the space marine line up. So now the GK and BA aren't exclusive anymore, color me surprised (sarcasism). The funny looking mini dreads, don't want them anyway, just GW's answer for oblits in the C:SM, but that's me. Now the new tank, lets hack off all the other codex's for 6th and make it to where the flyer sales go way down. Of course a lot of this really remains to be seen until dex release. The only errata I want is skilled rider on ravenwing, again that's just me. Our dex was broken the day it was released but as dedicated DA players, we push on.  So I guess we will see what happens in a week.

Oh and what's wrong with drying cats in the microwave, haha! That was a good one, made my day.

You understand the difference between gluing on an aesthetic bit with no rules, and using the rules from a different codex, right?

There's none. Simply because it's not a problem of rules and playability. It's only a problem of paying for an additional plastic bitz.

It's a problem of USE.

Even if you choose the BA symbols for your DA successor chapter " the tears of the lion", you'll end up with DA, UM, Templars and SW useless symbols.

It's additional plastic parts you won't use. You've paid for casting them, you've paid for the plastic material and you won't use it.

You've chosen to play DA then you assume not to use some bitz in the box to follow you color scheme and profit from the DA bitz within.

You've chosen to play DA with Grim resolve tactical squad then you assume not being allowed to use this vanilla special feature.

I prefer paying for that than being obliged to pay for a melta gun that's not in the box like it used to be.

I prefer paying for that than being obliged to pay for a melta gun that's not in the box like it used to be

Its in there...  The recut sprue has it.

Had this discussion with my friend tonight. We are both DA players and not Space Marine. I found it very funny to see the Storm Raven in the space marine line up. So now the GK and BA aren't exclusive anymore, color me surprised (sarcasism). The funny looking mini dreads, don't want them anyway, just GW's answer for oblits in the C:SM, but that's me. Now the new tank, lets hack off all the other codex's for 6th and make it to where the flyer sales go way down. Of course a lot of this really remains to be seen until dex release. The only errata I want is skilled rider on ravenwing, again that's just me. Our dex was broken the day it was released but as dedicated DA players, we push on.  So I guess we will see what happens in a week.

Oh and what's wrong with drying cats in the microwave, haha! That was a good one, made my day.

That has been added to the blue codex since "Death from the Skies and would have had to been FAQed out of that book if they didnt have it.

@Dean: He mentioned "like it used to be." I think what Avoghai was getting at is he likes the new box because it's preferable to have wargear in the boxes you can't use than to not have a lot of the wargear you CAN use.

yes, we had to buy the tat box and also buy the blister with the plasma or melta guy, or the power weapon sarge (yes, i remember the tat box having just the mighty chainsword for him)

this same situation applies to our previous codex and assault squads. our sarges could not take storm shields yet the assault squad box had one in it. should i have refused to buy the box because there was a storm shield in it that i could not use?

i think its a bit silly complaining about a box having one weapon we can not use in our codex. its better to have useless bits in it, than having to buy them all separately, and end up spending far more money in the process

We'll see this. I jsut looked pictures of all things pre-order and digital department of the GW's homepages. Sprues look so amazing. In Faeit's blog there was a army builder in digital version's screen shot and in that was Tactical marines squad. Its options were interesting: heavy Weapons: Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, heavy bolter and Missile launcher. Special Weapons Grav Gun, Meltagun, Plasma gun and Flamer. If this is true, vanilla tacticals would lose plasma cannons and lasgcannons.... However this might be just tampered picture or something in GW's misinformation campaign before actual release. However if this is true, it would make our tacticals different from vanilla's. However, everything before release must be taken with a grain of salt.

Archived