Flakk

malorn24

You still have a Dev unit with 4 Missile Launcher (Frag and Krak).  You have however "wasted" 40pts on Flakk missiles that you aren't going to use in that game.

But then again, if you are constructing a "take on all comers" list for a tournament/campaign then having a unit that can take on flyers is pretty much a must-have.

It all depends on whether you play with "fixed/pre-written lists" or not.

I have used pre-written lists for the past 3 years, and because of that I know how to use my lists so well, they decimate cheesy lists more often than not.

You still have a Dev unit with 4 Missile Launcher (Frag and Krak).  You have however "wasted" 40pts on Flakk missiles that you aren't going to use in that game.

But then again, if you are constructing a "take on all comers" list for a tournament/campaign then having a unit that can take on flyers is pretty much a must-have.

I have used pre-written lists for the past 3 years, and because of that I know how to use my lists so well, they decimate cheesy lists more often than not.

When you say pre-written do you mean a generic come and get it list. Or tailored specific. I think my problem has been trying to make my C:SM tailored to what I think I am going up against.

A list that I write at home that I use for every game regardless of what my opponent is using.

I write them on my PC and bring a print out with me. That way I have the same force for every game. Just like attending a tournament.

Tailoring is a crutch that limits the development of true tactical skill.

Constructing a good list that can be used effectively against most enemies is a skill well worth developing. Particularly if you plan on attending a tournament.

When you say pre-written do you mean a generic come and get it list. Or tailored specific. I think my problem has been trying to make my C:SM tailored to what I think I am going up against.

Youll take a hit in the short term but be a far better player in the long term if you write all comers lists and just play whomever shows up.

It allows you to learn the limitations of each unit you take and therefore what they can be expected to achieve in any given situation.

I do exactly the same with my wolves and used to when I played guard (stopped playing with the new codex). I'd take things I liked and just learn how to use them effectively.

Archived