Tycho Lives?

Jolemai

Having read this thread over on Amicus there is the following quote:

So, after looking through Warzone: Armageddon and seeing how the new rulebook has reversed Abaddon's invasion from being over with a minor Chaos victory, to beginning 13 hours (995999.M41 is roughly like 10:00 o'clock in the morning on the last day of the year if my math is right) before M41 is over.

If this is the case, with the results of the 3rd War for Armageddon being ignored and the entirety of the events surrounding the 13th Black Crusade having not have happened yet (take that Bioshock Infinite) is there any point in trying to hold true to what actually did happen in those campaigns?

Warzone Armageddon contradicts several BL novels, specifically Helsreach and Blood and Fire, by having the Black Templars show up after the events of Helsreach happened and during the plot of Blood and Fire. It also adds in things that happened during the 2nd War, and attributes them to the 3rd. Helsreach Dock Workers and Gargant Mobs. The smaller audio dramas and short stories about Armageddon are also contradictory to the actual campaign results.

As we all know, Captain Eramus Tycho finally succumbed to the black rage as the third war for Armageddon brewed and after cutting through a swathe of filthy greenskins he was finally allowed to rest. However, it looks like this has now been retconned.

When our new Codex is released, does that mean the end of DC Tycho? Personally I would rather they re-worked his rules and made him more useable rather than left him out, or am I simply reading into this too much?

I don't see why this should mean DC Tycho won't exist any more. The 13th Crusade is still happening, and it was at that time Tycho fell to the rage.

Tycho fell to the black rage and then was killed in action during the 3rd war for Armageddon, which occurred before the 13th Black Crusade in the original timeline.

His 3rd company were the only company allowed to go and persecute the Orks at A3, Tycho succumbed and then died.

More BA then got involved i nteh defense of Cadia, if I remember correctly.

Wth, the 3rd war for armageddon was retconned? You mean something that already is mentioned in a dozen or so places and has been established fluff for years is retconned?

Im actually insulted here.... I played in the world wide campaign with great pride....

Wth, the 3rd war for armageddon was retconned? You mean something that already is mentioned in a dozen or so places and has been established fluff for years is retconned?

Im actually insulted here.... I played in the world wide campaign with great pride....

Welcome to the party :)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/278605-armageddon-3-and-the-eye-of-terror/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3429766

Archived