Walker Losing Combat

Calnus

This came up in a game last night, and I thought I'd double-check my understanding.

The situation was that a walker had charged a unit with good saves, and failed to wound.  In return, it took one glancing hit.  This means it essentially lost combat by 1.

Now, because vehicles don't have a leadership value to take a morale check on, we played it as if the walker was fearless.  Is there a different way it was supposed to be played? 

Or is that essentially correct, but for a different reason?

If the vehicle loses the combat, nothing happens. There are

no Sweeping Advances, no Pile Ins and no Consolidation

moves. The vehicle and the enemy remain where they are and

are free to simply move away in future turns.

p.76, Rulebook

and

Walkers assault, and are assaulted, like Infantry models,

meaning that they rnake charge moves and can be locked

in combat. Walkers that are locked in combat cannot be

shot at.

p. 84, Rulebook.

BRB p.76 heading Vehicles, Leadership and Morale 'it is assumed in all cases that the crew's faith in their vehicle, and its considerable armour plating, is absolute. therefore, vehicles never have to take Morale checks for any reason. any occasional lapses that do occur are represented by crew shaken and crew stunned results on the Vehicle Damage chart.' p.84 then details walkers in assaults but only adds that it loses attacks if it loses CCWs as a result of weapon destroyed and if that was the weapon taken off. based on this information i'd say you were correct to say it was fearless in a sense and only to lose the HP due to the glancing hit. 

edit: ninja'd. 

Archived