Alright guys, so I was running some ideas  through my head to increase the survivability of my Deathwing knights and my thoughts turned to Brother Corbullo. Now look at it this way, I realize that his FNP and FA rule won't affect them but hide him behind their lines, have them take the initial hits since they have a higher toughness and just have all the wounds passed onto him where his +3 armor and ++2 FNP will just absorb wounds. What do you think?

in order to pass it onto him it would require a character to first pass a lookout sir. You are better off sticking him out front. He will benefit from T5 for wounding purposes only because of the knights shield wall, if the attack is str8 then pass it off to a knight. Otherwise let corbulo tank like a boss

My BA playing friend Ageis regularly puts him at the front of a 10 man termie squad with a BA TDA Libbie inside, REALLY  hard nut to crack!!! I fired eight Las cannons and a whole lot of other non insta kill weapons at him and with his LO,S shenannigans and some lucky roles lost one termie.

He mixes up the HQ option too, sometimes he allies in Calgar or a Wolf Lord for extra smash. I hate that unit, if you do something similar with DWks it would be harder than nails.

Corbulo will never benefit from T5 due to him not being a member if the Inner Circle.

Hang on, majority toughness? Hmmm.

What's the point if the Fortress of Shields rule?

The point of the rule is to get enough of the squad up to T5 in order for majority Toughness to kick in......

Corbulo will never benefit from T5 due to him not being a member if the Inner Circle.

The point of the rule is to get enough of the squad up to T5 in order for majority Toughness to kick in......

Yes but as the rule specifies that characters with the Inner Circle special rule also benefit from Fortress of Shields, do you not think that perhaps it should be limited to Inner Circle characters? With the majority toughness rules, specifying Inner Circle characters kind of seems redundant to me....

Hang on, I see the difference. Enemies rolling to wound will use the majority Toughness of 5, but Corbulo could still be instantly killed by a Strength 8 weapon because he personally doesn't gain the +1 Toughness, unlike a member of the Inner Circle.....

Yes but as the rule specifies that characters with the Inner Circle special rule also benefit from Fortress of Shields, do you not think that perhaps it should be limited to Inner Circle characters? With the majority toughness rules, specifying Inner Circle characters kind of seems redundant to me....

Hang on, I see the difference. Enemies rolling to wound will use the majority Toughness of 5, but Corbulo could still be instantly killed by a Strength 8 weapon because he personally doesn't gain the +1 Toughness, unlike a member of the Inner Circle.....

Thats a bingo! Yeah thats the advantage of being inner circle with DWKs. Suddenly you get IDed at S10 instead of 8+

in order to pass it onto him it would require a character to first pass a lookout sir. You are better off sticking him out front. He will benefit from T5 for wounding purposes only because of the knights shield wall, if the attack is str8 then pass it off to a knight. Otherwise let corbulo tank like a boss

That was my thought, have someone (Term Chaplain, Belial, ect) be in front and have them pass off the wounds on a +2, just so Corbullo's not swamped with wounds; the character can take any shots that ignore FNP

I realize that his FNP and FA rule won't affect them .....

Just reread the OP and saw this.....

I think if I'm correct the BA codex entry says that "all friendly units within 6" of Corbulo are subject to the Furious Charge and Feel No Pain special rules...."

BA and DA are Battle Brothers, and so are classified as Friendly units...... so they will get FC and FNP! Anyone want to shoot me down before I buy some allied Blood Angels? msn-wink.gif

EDIT - damnitall..... just read the FAQ..... "Friendly units from Codex: Blood Angels" BOO HISS! GW spoiling my fun! sad.png

Apologies for the confusion on my part guys. I'm getting so few 6th Edition games in that I'm still learning the subtleties of a lot of the rules. I used to be a veteran believe it or not.....

Don't sweat it man. Everyone forgets rules all the time. I've read the BRB and have been playing pretty regularly since 6th edition dropped. I found out this weekend that in Vanguard strike you get to pick a corner to deploy in, its not just chosen for you like the picture would lead you to believe wallbash.gif

Oh and I always screw up Night Fighting. One game it'll be on a 1-3 and the next it'll be a 4+ like its supposed to be whistlingW.gif

Oh and I always screw up Night Fighting. One game it'll be on a 1-3 and the next it'll be a 4+ like its supposed to be whistlingW.gif

Hehe, I've decided that I'll just allow nightfighting to be in force on Turn 1 and automatically allow my opponent to win the roll-of for First Turn, as that is what has happened in EVERY game I've played in 6th Ed! (Mathhammer be damned!) smile.png

Archived