deathwing libbys what colour armor?

Mine are blue, with the Crux Pad being DA Green and the Company Pad being white with the Deathwing Symbol. My chaplains are the same for the most part, less the different shoulder colors. Maybe I should swap them around.

Paul

As far as I know, official fluff-wise, librarians among all chapters wear the blue armor as a badge of office easily identifiable across all chapters.

I had plans to make my own kitbashed Deathwing Librarian utilizing the psychic hood backs found on the grey knight kits and one of the robed fronts I have left over from the Deathwing Command squad. Doing this lets you keep the armor blue but gives you a lot of leeway utilizing robes and shoulders in order to really get a dark angels look to it. Was going to use a force axe and probably the Monster Slayer of Caliban on him.

I painted mine bone with blue robes so that there's at least a token adherance to the Codex Astartes. I thought that was fitting considering how the DA are regarding other more important aspects of the Codex like total numbers of marines and company organization. The DA aren't codex adherent especially when it comes to the 1st company. I figured the bonds of Deathwing membership far outweigh what some book written by someone else's primarch says. The professed intent of having librarians color their armor blue is to easily indentify and kill them on the battle field if they get possessed or some such, but I honestly can't believe that members of the Deathwing who by all accounts have fought together for decades or longer wouldn't be able to recognize each other unless their armor was a different color.

As always though, in the end they're your models. I just wanted to throw in some love for the bone colored libbys out there.

Got a few more in my galleries if you was to see them. But here's the front and back.

gallery_52457_5704_117981.jpg

gallery_52457_5704_4790.jpg

I think you'll find a somewhat split because there isn't anything official. During 2nd Edition, you would see some figures in power armor in white. Now, all the Librarians that are depicted for DA are in PA colored blue like their Codex-adherent counterparts. Since Librarians are part of the Inner Circle, I think you'd be perfectly justified painting TDA blue for the Librarius or white for the Deathwing, and there is really nothing anyone can complain about. :D

Blue for me but a very dark blue so he does not look like an UM - I used regal blue with black wash then highlighting up to Ultramarine blue at the very edges.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/329/0/e/deathwing_librarian_by_elmo9141-d5m4msu.jpg

As Stobz writes you could make a case for either blue or bone if you wanted. It is up to you :)

No there's no way you 'must' paint them, they're your models!

I couldn't decide and went for a mixture

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b606/Dark_master1/2ABF9B31-0710-4731-ACDA-5D2063CBEB8B-4010-000004B5860520B1_zps62e3eb21.jpg

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b606/Dark_master1/37EA9B7A-6945-4BAA-A202-55D204C5EE44-4010-000004B5901D7983_zpsee6ae97e.jpg

DM

They wear Blue...in fact according to some of the HH writings, we were the first Legion to adopt the blue for our Librarians :)

The heresy novels state that in the 1st Legion the colour of the robes denote the office, rather than the armour colour.

White Dwarf 120something had a painting guide for chaplains and apothicarys that showed both full colored black/ white and with chapter colors shown...  one picture  from it I have seen here somewhere is a picture of a flesh tearer apoth with white arms and legs and a red torso. 

Librarians will work exactly the sam, just like Dark Master's.  I painted a couple chaplains with green legs and torsos...   

As Stobz writes you could make a case for either blue or bone if you wanted. It is up to you smile.png

~cough~ Most assuredly not Stobz. msn-wink.gif

Oops - Meant Bryan, bggr! whistlingW.gif

It was late at night.

The official color for Librarian armor (TDA or otherwise), and it is official, is blue. But, as you can see above, people paint their Librarian TDA armor all sorts of ways, from all blue to all Deathwing bone/white, to a mixture of the two. Basically, paint it how you want it to look, because there can be all sorts of reasons why any part of a Chapter's armor will not be painted in the "normal" scheme. For instance, exactly why is it that only the Blood Angels Captain in this pic is in desert camouflage pattern power armor?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-s0TdrvQl5oU/TcApmtUR1ZI/AAAAAAAAAJ4/IDW_XNHZRP8/s1600/bloodangel.jpg

Because it looks cool! laugh.png

Yeah, C:DA 4th Ed did say that Librarians have blue armor, and didn't give a TDA distinction, but IMO, one guy in blue and thirty or forty in white/bone white looks goofy. Luckily C:DA 6th Ed doesn't seem to say anything on the subject or have a TDA Librarian depicted, so I still think you are safe with a Librarian in DW panoply if he's operating with them (especially as it seems we still don't know the full, real reason the DW are painted white/bone white).

The Blue one is from Tyranid Attack, first seen in Deathwing, the expansion to Space Hulk. Painted 1995 or so.

The Bone colored one I painted for ETL 2012. An interesting note is that the body is actually a Grey Knight instead of a Librarian.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/JeffJedi/DeathwingLibrarians_zpsf1beb213.jpg

Archived