Whirlwind question

Barzyn

Are whirlwinds useful for dark angels to use if they playing in an escalation league (where all the armies vary) most with over powered vehicles that you can't destroy or horde that you got too many models to annihilate in the process. I was thinking of maybe picking up one if i have the odd pts to put one into my army (cuz i lack a heavy support choice atm). i can see them being very effective against tyranids or orks, even large grps of cultists or tau they could do alot of dmg with too. I just never used one and i wonder if they are worth the 65 pts for them. cuz my league pts can go up anywhere from 88 pts to 144 pts (yeah weird lvls i know). so basically want to scrape out enough stuff for pts as i can without going over the max lvl of pts for that week

Whirlwinds will beat the tar out of anything with less than a 3+ save. Hordes without number? Force them to regroup instead of advancing by putting a 5" gap in their lines. Even against space marines, they still have to spread out. Getting a nice hit on them will still force enough 1s and 2s on armor saves.

Oh and it forces pinning checks. In a game that only lasts ~6 turns, losing one of them can be vital to victory.

yeah i might have to pick 2 up and swap them in for my dreadnought, cuz my dreadnought did nothing in the first two 500 pt games i played today. well it did on first game, it exploded and took 13 orks with it after it exploded. still got wiped off board in that game though. 2 whirlwinds would = 1 dreadnought for me, since i run my dreadnought with assault cannon and heavy flamer. it won't hurt against tau if you can keep pinning tau down they can't shoot ya  which would help alot for me

Archived