My Librarian earned his keep today!

3DJutsu

Ran a 2000pt game against Sisters of Battle tonight and my Librarian easily made MvP.

He was Mastery level 1 on a bike with a PFG, Force Axe, and Shroud of Heroes. His purpose was to cast Prescience on the 5-strong MM Typhoon armada floating around him, but ended up winning the game for me.

With the help of Prescience (and my super-awesome Big Gun scatter die) the Armada laid down the law... Hard. Twin-linked frag missiles ended up hitting a total of 54 times in ONE SHOOTING PHASE, his Sister squad was dead before I rolled my 3rd batch of dice.

St. Celestine chewed up my RWCS, only the Apothecary got away, Celestine chased him down but took a Plasma Talon shot on the overwatch and went down. She proceeded to get back up on turn 6 and came after my Librarian. Librarian made his PFG and FNP saves before turning around and planting his Force Axe in her face twice, grounding her again.

We roll a turn 7 and she gets back up and my Librarian once again weathers the storm and answers with a singular, thunderous retort of his own. St. Celestine falls for the third and final time.

Had he not accomplished this fantastic feat the game would have been a tie. For fun we rolled for Celestine after the game was over and she got up and went home.

For this superb act of heroism and bravery my Librarian now had priority to be finished modeling and painted so expect to see him soon on my blog update. And I belive I'll name his after my oldest son, Brother-Psyker Gabriel.

As a side note two other things that helped win the game was that he kept failing his faith-activation rolls and he totally forgot to field the Dreadknight his Grey Knight allies took. Talk about an epic fail.

Archived