Tactics for the New C:SM....

Azash

Which of the two AA platforms seem to be better?

I like the Stalker as I think it will be better against FMCs but the seeking missiles of the Hunter is a pretty solid way to bust Drakes.

Personally, I like the sound of the Hunter, just for the fact that should it hit, that flyer is dying.

However, the Stalker would also be good, particularly as flyers can evade. So more likely for a shot to hit the target, but less likely to kill.

Personally, I prefer the look of the Hunter.

Using UM chapter tactics, the turn you use the tactical doctrine you have an 83% chance of hitting with the Hunter, and a 33% chance following turns, then the 2D6 armour pen. That's pretty darn good for the same price as a barebones tac squad!

Using UM chapter tactics, the turn you use the tactical doctrine you have an 83% chance of hitting with the Hunter, and a 33% chance following turns, then the 2D6 armour pen. That's pretty darn good for the same price as a barebones tac squad!

Unfortunately, the doctrines don't apply to vehicles, because they don't have the Chapter Tactics rule.

Unfortunately, the doctrines don't apply to vehicles, because they don't have the Chapter Tactics rule.

Darn, missed that.

Yeah I did too. Oh well!

Still, the Hunter can potentially take out Necron and Tau Skimmers a lot more easily at range. That's good potentially. Two of them could incorporate into an army nicely since they're so cheap.

Tempted.

Suppose it depends on your style. I rarely use more than 1 Heavy Support slot. Still tempted to get 2 Hunters for competitive lists. Most competitive lists will have Skimmers or Fliers, and if not then I have the advantage of facing a none competitive list with my own so the 140pts spent on 2 won't be too bad! ;)

Archived