Dark Angels set up question

Barzyn

Ok i posted a few things on here bout different things for an escalation league type army. (other post is the whirlwind question one). I want to know if it would be a sound strategy, to go all infantry based (for league) with maybe 2 whirl winds for smaller pt games, and then maybe one or two land raiders for higher pt games. Cuz in my club, vehicles die really really fast, so they are pratically only good for maybe one or two turns at most. Infantry army i'd get more shots but might be easier to kill me with template wpns though (thats the downside to it). I am just wondering if thats what i should do though, is maybe go mostly infantry with some vehicles like the whirlwinds cuz i can sit those behind a building in cover and still fire them indirectly at my opponents. in my 500 pt game my dreadnought did nothing and it cost me 130 pts, i can get 2 whirlwinds for that dreadnought which prolly would have worked better. I am a defensive style player, i don't move unless i have too, if you want to destroy me you gotta come to me to take me out. So infantry might work into my style of play but that works against me cuz the mission type is random and across the board for the entire weekend of play. well that and table edge is predetermined. So does anyone have any tips that i should try out army list wise or advice i could certainly use some right now. still undecided on what i want to do with my army list wise. troops i gots covered. i have 3 terminator squads ,2 squads of knights, 1 devastator squad, 1 scout squad (with sniper rifles and missle launcher). 3 tactical squads. Prolly need to pick up some assault marines and maybe another devastator squad or perhaps another scout squad. hq wise i have Company Master, Librarian, Terminator Chaplain, Asmodai, Belial, Ezekiel and the Special Interrogator Chaplain from dark vengeance. so i gots wide range of hq choices also. So if you have any tips just toss some idea's out to me and i'll see what i can come up with list wise with those ideas

Archived