Deathwing relic contemptor

Winged.CAV

I've never understood how people get such a smooth bone-to-white transition on deathwing.  It's baffled me since I was but a wee novice painter. I don't think I could manage it without an airbrush.

As for the Contemptor, it seems like a decent start, but I imagine you can plainly see that the wash didn't go on quite so evenly in places, like the back of its right leg.  I'm assuming the wash was just the basecoat, though?

I always had trouble with that color transition as well, which is one of the reasons I went Angels of Vengeance.

For your heraldry, I'd suggest practicing on some paper first, though you might be able to straighten out those wavy lines with some touch up painting.

I've never understood how people get such a smooth bone-to-white transition on deathwing.  It's baffled me since I was but a wee novice painter. I don't think I could manage it without an airbrush.

As for the Contemptor, it seems like a decent start, but I imagine you can plainly see that the wash didn't go on quite so evenly in places, like the back of its right leg.  I'm assuming the wash was just the basecoat, though?

The wash is a base coat. I had someone show me to was first then do the bone after, I'm attempting to do the bone last to tie it all together

Looking very, very nice, Winged.CAV! :tu:  Awesome job so far.

Are we going to be seeing some battle scars on this beaut of a relic?

BTW, the focal point of your camera seems to be slipping back to the paint pots at the base and about three inches behind your model.  May want to drop a darker color sheet of paper or something behind the Dread to try and get the camera to remain focused on your model, rather than picking up other things in the frame.

Well I'm hold for this dreadnought (forgot to order arms)

So I scored another dread in a trade so he will be filling in for my contemptor on this tread.

So this is what he looks like now

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y440/Jesse-smith87/20130903_200022_zps610bdd04.jpg

Wrong color.

Into the green.

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y440/Jesse-smith87/20130903_200444_zps8a30b92b.jpg

Archived