Dual Wing List, What to do?

HBMarley

Hello all,

At the moment I am constructing a collection of ravenwing, however, I am considering adapting the list to become dual wing army w/Deathwing. I have little experience in construction army lists and am not sure how to create good unit synergy apart from the obvious deep strike w/ teleport homers on bikes.

At the moment I have:

Sammael (Jetbike)

Interrogator Chaplain on bike w/ mace of redemption

SoD Command squad of five

'Ravenwing Standard' Squad of five w/champion

12x Regular Bikers

4x Meltagun Bikers

2x MM Attack Bikes

1x HB Attack Bike

5x Typhoon Speeders

1x Darkshroud

I am looking for a list of around 3,000pts. I would like the deathwing to bring some anti air capabilities and staying power.

Thanks!

When i didn't have my Helios platforms i used a squad of devies with flak for AA which is kinda odd considering i run all bikes but it was very effective. I like what you got but i would recommend running Azreal instead of Sammy if you are running deathwing and ravenwing so you can get them both as troops. You will lose the ravenwing company standard command squad but taking termmies and bikes as troops it's worth it IMO. That way out leaves more slit for deathwing knights and blacknights. To that end i recommend running a few squads of blacknights because they are a solid CC unit and you can get them up close and personal then drop deathwing knights in right behind them plus having double shot twinlinked plasma doesn't hurt either.so the BoD with the reg bike squads take care of the shooting and the black knights and deathwing knights have all the real fun

++ removed double-posted section ++

Um, you want your DW contingent to provide anti-air?  I guess...maybe a Thunderhawk would do the trick...?

IG allies...that's viable. Cheap scoring unit or two Check! Cheap required HQ who isn't totally useless? Look no farther than the Primaris Psycher. As an added bonus, IG have the only AAA that's worth a damn, the hydra...of course, the hydra is useless against ground targets, but, hey, you can't have everything, and AA is one of the solutions that you were looking to add to your RW army, right?

Archived