Skyshield Photo Studio

Hi there !

It's hard to make a proper background for your photos, you get either a plain white emptiness (which is good because it shows well the details etc but quite boring) either a 'shopped one which is sometimes over the tone and distracts from the models.

So, I first planned to go for a spacecraft boarding deck, with a lot of plasticard and a lot of bits from Zinge.

But as said above it would have been a bit over the tone.

Drifting a bit on the GW website I finally got a simple answer : Skyshield landing pad ! large enough to put a squad or two and having your model in situation while not draining one's attention too much on the background.

So the purpose of this topic is to show the WIP on my skyshield :

med_gallery_70791_8113_142998.jpg

First I decided to paint differently the two sides of the SLP, one in warm tones (brown etc) for dark painted minis, and one in cold tones (gray) for more colored models.

On the picture you can see spats of paint to see where i want that particular color, then i painted the eagles areas with a big brush (in the background).

then, for some variation of that color, i used a pipette to blow some Vallejo natural brown pigment on the still wet paint (I used a lot of water to obtain a good coverage)

Next steps :

- second layer of steel Legion Drab, in order to soften the pigment spots.

- textured metal and eagles in leadbetcher

- metal strips in neutral grey.

- shades and second layer.

C&C welcome !

Archived