ADL placement is cheesey?

Plan-B

In my opinion anything other than a model being completely flat or slightly unbalanced because of a hill or some similar piece of terrain should not be allowed.  If you turn models on the side or try placing them on top of an ADL that's just extremely cheesy and a cheap way to bend the rules.   I also would go w/ the quad gun instead of the las-cannon.  Just my two-cents

The problem with the ADL is how it is designed.  Few tables are flat enough to allow a nice perfectly straight unbroken line of flat-bottomed terrain.

The FAQ didn't help matters by forcing the entire ADL to be that one unbroken line.

This means you can't have the line run up to a hill, have a short break where the angled ground is then have the line continue on the top of the hill.

You have to place the line piece at an angle (at which point it tries its best to fall over a lot).

In essence there is a slight conundrum - is the "one unbroken line" ruling flexible?  Can I have a slight gap using "Wobbly Model Syndrome as justification?

Or do I have to balance my line precariously in order for it to be deployed where I want it to be?

This hasn't been answered by GW.  However it is a valid issue, and one that comes up fairly regularly (especially given that so many armies still lack decent AA).

- - - - -

I remember the topic Eddie - If I recall you suggested the "tower of cards" deployment in order to create a raised firing position using the wall segments as the "cards"

Archived