Metal shoulder pads?

DiscipleOfCaliban

Hey, does anyone know if the Tactical Squad shoulder pads, specifically the DA horizontal arrow ones, are still metal? I know other things shown as metal on the GW site, such as the Iron Warriors and Nightlords upgrades, are actually finecast now.

So is there any way to get non-metal tactical arrow pads? I would be happy to use either vertical or horizontal arrows on my DoC army. In case anyone suggests it I'm considering transfers as a Plan B but would prefer embossed pads.

Thanks.

DiscipleOfCaliban expressed a preference for not metal. Depending on the pose of the models, I can imagine the extra weight could be an issue.

Yep, I was just curious about the reason for the preference is all. I use the DA Chapter pads in metal on both  plastic GW models and FW resin models with no I'll effect. No balance issues, they don't look out of place, i.e. they're of comparable size shape. The only benifit to Failcast is trimming etc is easier, but the trade off (potentially) is unusable miscasts and loss of detail.

Jono

DiscipleOfCaliban expressed a preference for not metal. Depending on the pose of the models, I can imagine the extra weight could be an issue.

Yep, I was just curious about the reason for the preference is all. I use the DA Chapter pads in metal on both  plastic GW models and FW resin models with no I'll effect. No balance issues, they don't look out of place, i.e. they're of comparable size shape. The only benifit to Failcast is trimming etc is easier, but the trade off (potentially) is unusable miscasts and loss of detail.

Jono

In that case you call GW and tell them it's miscast..... there should be no problem getting new ones.

Thanks for the replies. Shame about the metal pads, I find metal chips and scratches too easily as well as make the model fall over more easily which just makes the chipping problem worse.

On a side note i've never had any issues with finecast. Miscasts seem fairly rare these days.

Archived