Rules question - Beacon/homing?

Tanhausen

Don't have my books on me and I'm having evil thoughts...

IIRC, there is a difference between the gear the terminators, bikes, pods and scouts can use to aid deep striking units (beacon or homing system).

Am I fooled by some old 4th edition confusion or is this still correct?

My idea would be to use RWBK to prevent scatter from pods, terminators and assault marines...is it possible?

If you could actually quote the page number you'd be of GREAT assistance.

Thanks Brothers :)

Dark Angel scouts can't carry teleport homers or beacons so they're out. Ravenwing bikes and attack bikes carry teleport homers which only work for models that teleport. For what you intend you need a drop pod with the optional locator beacon.

I have a question about beacons.

If I choose the first turn for a Deathwing Assault and the squads arrive at the start of the Movement Phase per reserve rules, does this mean I have to place them before I move my Ravenwing Bikes? So only the pregame scout move gets the Bikes closer?

You mean the Homers and I believe that you're correct, only scout moves would happen before the Deathwing Assault. Remember that Homers and Beacons only work if they are on the table at the start of the turn.

Thanks everybody for the help!

There goes my idea of an assault squad heavy list...if I have to pay for 3 drop pods AND the beacons thats 150 points I can't really afford at 1850.

Will keep on thinking!

Archived