Meet the Huntmaster (Bran Redmaw equivalent) - Image Heavy

Hey, lads!

I am currently build my own band of raiders. They used to be a loyalist Chapter until they got kicked out of the Imperium. Refusing to join Chaos, they managed to find a new home in the Halo zone (whole story how this happened epic stuff, will write a IA soon!). Refusing to join Chaos they just are a bunch of pro-humanity raiders riding on Dragons or massive Horses and more of that delicious D&D stuff mixed with Warhammer and Heavy Metal.

Anyway, this is my equivalent of Bran Redmaw, my absolutely favourtie HQ, riding aboard his vessel 'Triumph of Ferocity'. Now, will not be going into his fluff here, because it is still WIP. But the model is basically done as far as modelling goes.

This is the Marine known as the Huntmaster. Basically kit-bashed him, a combo consisting of Bloodclaw/Gray Hunter. His epic axe is just another power axe stapled on top, I am still working on it to make the transition a bit more authentic. The backpack is a custom piece I imported from the UK. His little gadgets on the belt, the good drink and so forth, are from the Cadian Set. Finally, there's the fur, which I did myself with air-drying fimo clay.

The base is a standard Terminator base with couple layers of Kork.

http://i.imgur.com/ZWjfORp.jpg

Oh yeah, the Loyalist Marine head with the spine dangling from it.. well, that is his other, more hairy side. He liked collecting trophies.

Talking about hairy, here's the Terror of the Highlands!

Head and Axe are from the Circle Orobos Heavy Warbeast Upgrade pack. Torso and the 'bones' of the limbs are a spare Thunderwolf Mount. Heads and other space pieces of dead people are bitz I had lying around. Everything else is modeled by me from scratch with air-drying fimo (except the dragon skull on the right shoulders, that it oven-drying fimo).

http://i.imgur.com/mJfCIuL.jpg

That necklace around his neck? Eldar ears! Also, chains hold all the broken pieces of armour and the dragon skull in place.

http://i.imgur.com/tK89TIs.jpg

Base is from the TWC I used here and back there, that's a real stone. From the street. I needed something solid to glue the tail to, otherwise the axe would cause his leg to break.

Anyway, what do you thing. Cool or Fail?

Cool stuff, my only criticism is the Hunt masters right shoulder is a bit to busy. Maybe take the top spike of and loop the axe heads round into the shoulder pad itself. But maybe its the look your going for as i have a few busy models. Like the huge wolf brandishing the axe very good at scuplting the chains and wonderful dragon skull shame the white reflects all the light so you cant see all the detail; look forward to seeing them painted and more models for this army.    

Suppose you have a point.. hehe 'point', get it?... nevermind xD

The right shoulders looked empty so I just threw something there. Right now I removed the spikes and rethink that part. Maybe even a smaller skull to match the bigger model? If so, I might need to dislokate or even remove the shield... you know what? I'll give it a shot, can always glue it back on^^

Gonna put some updated pic of human and a better quality image for the Big Bad Wolf on here soon.

eh, no, der big guy is the big guy. Brad Redmaw is a IA11 SW character that can transform in a monstrous creature during the game.

Got 2 relic contemptors standing here, ready to be outfitted with fur, bones and carvings, as opposed to that imperial nonsense^^

Archived